FSX language

c119

I've recently bought FSX, but found it in German. I'm italian, i can manage english but german .... not. I've not problems to fly, but obviously i cannot completely understand all the features. So my question is: "How could i replace german with english (or italian) ? I have to change some files ? How could i do it ?

Thanks to everybody for eventual advices.

If you have previously downloaded the "demo" version of FSX, in english format, it has a language.dll file that is the same size as the one included in the "pay to play" version. You could try substituting that for the German language.dll in your program.

The demo version may still be out there for download.

Make sure you make a copy of the German file just encase you want to restore it.!!

http://s298.beta.photobucket.com/user/afsouth/media/DonaldLeatonSignature.png.html?sort=3&o=2

There are English FSX language.dll files available for download if you do some Web searches. Since these are binary files, they may be risky so be careful.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

language.dll only contains the various messages which are displayed, such as parking brakes and overspeed etc. it would also be necessary to replace USEnglishASOS.gvp and USEnglishBig.gvp for the ATC messages. there may also be other changes.

BINGO ! I've found the manner to change the language of my FSX, from the original German, to Italian, everything now goes in italian ! Go at this Internet address http://gamesresources.forumfree.it/?t=60338981 then download the two files, one is "audio" and the other is "testo". Then unzip this 2 files downloading the unzipped files in a new folder. Then drag and drop all the unzipped files from that new folder to under the folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator X". Start FSX and ... now all is in italian !

Archived