Menu bar air traffic

Ralphhome

I'm also curious and would like to see a screenshot.

Traffic will be listed in the views menu, but not the menu bar itself, but yes if you are referring to the views menu, it's normal for traffic to be select-able there, even multiplayer. I often use it to watch my friends land from their perspective.

Traffic showing up on the bar itself sounds like a pretty severe graphic fault which a reboot should clear. If not, you may have a bad graphics driver. If this is the case, will the listings go away when you hide the bar (hold alt)? Are you flying full screen or windowed?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I'm also curious and would like to see a screenshot.

Traffic will be listed in the views menu, but not the menu bar itself, but yes if you are referring to the views menu, it's normal for traffic to be select-able there, even multiplayer. I often use it to watch my friends land from their perspective.

Traffic showing up on the bar itself sounds like a pretty severe graphic fault which a reboot should clear. If not, you may have a bad graphics driver. If this is the case, will the listings go away when you hide the bar (hold alt)? Are you flying full screen or windowed?

-Pv-

Hi Paul! I was also thinking about the right-click on the screen menu and that definitely shows Air Traffic.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Right click on the menu bar? Just when I thought I knew the answer to life, the universe and everything. Thinking more on it there are many reasons the OP may not have seen traffic in their Views menu until now.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Right click on the menu bar? Just when I thought I knew the answer to life, the universe and everything. Thinking more on it there are many reasons the OP may not have seen traffic in their Views menu until now.

-Pv-

No, Paul. Right-click somewhere in the middle of the screen, not the menu bar.

Thanks for full responses. Not drop-down, along the bar. Anyway, the reboot response seems to have done the trick till next time. None of the clicking worked. Many thanks all.

Show us a picture of this "along the bar".

By any stretch of my "pea pickin'" imagination, are you using a program called AISmooth? I used it a few years ago and I just remembered that it shows a running list of AI aircraft that are moved out of your way along the top of the screen?

Well, I was feeling a bit left out until I realized that I don't have Traffic turned on and I'm too far from any airport to have a runway view: in game selections and location apparently make a difference. The nearest apt is 118nm away...

menu bar.jpg

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

It’s happened to me as well. AI aircraft spread across the top of the menu bar. It’s usually when traffic is high; coming into San Fran, it happens a lot. I’m away from my computer so I don’t have a screenshot.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

It’s happened to me as well. AI aircraft spread across the top of the menu bar. It’s usually when traffic is high; coming into San Fran, it happens a lot. I’m away from my computer so I don’t have a screenshot.

Jeff, I have never seen that even coming into KSFO or KJFK and ATC is rattling off several dozen landing instructions to the multitudes of AI.:confused:

If traffic is showing up along the menu bar at the top, then I suspect a rouge module or FS corrpution due to an add-on. Or it's an add-on its self. What modules do you have installed?

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

If traffic is showing up along the menu bar at the top, then I suspect a rouge module or FS corrpution due to an add-on. Or it's an add-on its self. What modules do you have installed?

Oh yeah... you could be on to something.. I do have FSDT ground services and their McCarron airport installed..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Oh yeah... you could be on to something.. I do have FSDT ground services and their McCarron airport installed..

To rule out a module you could temp disable it under the dll.xml I think it's called where FSX.cfg is at. There's another for executable modules, too. When I go fly tonight I'll look for the correct names. I'm on my laptop so I don't know right now.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

Okay, looking here it is in fact dll.xml and for executable modules it's exe.xml.

I would backup the dll.xml file and then remove one module at a time until the issue is gone to find the module that may be doing this. The format looks like this:

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

So it would be that block of text you'd have to temp remove. Notice the

and closing

You might be able to put a // in front of each line, but I don't know if XML works like that for omissions.

OOM errors? Read this.

Archived