It's Summer and snowing in Dundee and I want it to stop.

idkscribe

I'm using FSX Steam. I have a weather issue.

My weather always shows -2c with a dew point of -5c and it's snowing. I have selected real weather (static), and real weather (15 min updates). Surrounding airports (Leuchars and Perth) show 15c / 12c and no precip. I've gone into customise for Dundee to correlate with Leuchars. I can fly from Leuchars to Dundee departing Leuchars with 15c/12c real weather 15 min updates with my clock date and time corresponding to my computer time. As soon as I'm 3 miles from Dundee it's snowing.

I've use FS2004 for years and never had this issue before. Any thoughts?

Appreciate the help.

I'm using FSX Steam. I have a weather issue.

My weather always shows -2c with a dew point of -5c and it's snowing. I have selected real weather (static), and real weather (15 min updates). Surrounding airports (Leuchars and Perth) show 15c / 12c and no precip. I've gone into customise for Dundee to correlate with Leuchars. I can fly from Leuchars to Dundee departing Leuchars with 15c/12c real weather 15 min updates with my clock date and time corresponding to my computer time. As soon as I'm 3 miles from Dundee it's snowing.

I've use FS2004 for years and never had this issue before. Any thoughts?

Appreciate the help.

Real weather does not work. Hasn't worked for years. Stop using it.

Problem solved...

If you need a weather engine that DOES work, search the forum.

As has been said before by myself and innumerable others: The "real" weather for MSFS doesn't work properly. Hasn't for years. Only way to get anywhere even close to accurate, other than stepping outside and checking your Kestrel hand-held, is to use a 3rd party weather software. FSRealWX or FSRealWX Lite, is free and very easy to use. Active Sky Next 2016 is payware, and has a greater variety of features.

The list goes on.

Don't even bother trying to get the sim to simulate weather, unless you set it up yourself. Use a 3rd party software.

Good flying, and fair weather to you!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

^^^

Yup. This is why we have a sticky at the top of the forum:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?262601-Microsoft-Weather

There are 500 THREAD STARTERS and counting on FS weather.

-Pv-

Personally I fnd the sticky thread utterly unhelpful :-S

It says something about the weather being down for one month more or less implying this is a temporary situation. You might think of adding something to indicate this is indeed permanent.

Cheers!

Archived