Problems with REX installation

Mac6737

This may be a lost cause, but I have recurrent problems with downloading and installing REX products. Maybe someone else has pioneered these issues.

Long story short: I purchased Rex SkyForce 3d this past June from FSpilotshop and somehow installed it. It is great! But my PC crashed, requiring total replacement, install of Windows 10, reactivation of FSX, yada, yada, yada. Now I have re-downloaded SkyForce from FSpilotshop, extracted it, and placed the installer on my desktop. It won't run, because Win10 says it is unsafe, and shuts me down even if I opt for "Run it anyway."

Can some power user out there tell me what to do to reclaim this product I bought and paid for?

Oh yeah: I went to the Rex site, of course, but they won't let me post a support request unless I am "verified." To be verified, I need the site of purchase and the order number. I have those! But the prompt never asks for those things, and the verification is "not instantaneous." I have no idea how to even ask the seller of this product for tech support, and life is short.

Frustrating.

Thanks, anyone,

Mac6737

This may be a lost cause, but I have recurrent problems with downloading and installing REX products. Maybe someone else has pioneered these issues.

Long story short: I purchased Rex SkyForce 3d this past June from FSpilotshop and somehow installed it. It is great! But my PC crashed, requiring total replacement, install of Windows 10, reactivation of FSX, yada, yada, yada. Now I have re-downloaded SkyForce from FSpilotshop, extracted it, and placed the installer on my desktop. It won't run, because Win10 says it is unsafe, and shuts me down even if I opt for "Run it anyway."

Can some power user out there tell me what to do to reclaim this product I bought and paid for?

Oh yeah: I went to the Rex site, of course, but they won't let me post a support request unless I am "verified." To be verified, I need the site of purchase and the order number. I have those! But the prompt never asks for those things, and the verification is "not instantaneous." I have no idea how to even ask the seller of this product for tech support, and life is short.

Frustrating.

Thanks, anyone,

Mac6737

You need to stop scan reading and ACTUALLY read the instructions:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36479-support-verification/

Support verification is simple when you follow the rules.

Win 10 saying something is unsafe is simply because you are not installing with Administrator privileges, which is nothing to do with REX, or their product. Again, you have skipped steps...

`Somehow installed it`..? It's a piece of software with full, written instructions. Have you even read them?

Are you sure you have extracted all the files from the zip and not just the installer?

There must be a setting to exclude a file from the scan somewhere in the Windows Security settings? I'll have to boot up my laptop to see how it works, but something similar should be there.

As for REX forums, you have to post your details of purchase in this thread.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Archived