FSX-SE UP & RUNNING - News at 11

Prostock

So, going on the advice & recommendations of a few Wise Old Flight Simmers, I took the plunge & made the purchase of FSX- SE. It's installed & up n running. My first flight was with the F/A-18 from Logan Airport Boston Ma. Just took it up and landed for some simple fun. I do have a few questions if anyone can answer for me.

FIRST ? I noticed that the F/A-18 seems to slide around on the runway, almost like being on Ice Skates. Has anyone had this issue?

My OS Windows 10 - SECOND ? - When the game installed from Steam, it did not ask me where to install on my PC so I assumed it installed in the usual path C:/ Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games, but the folder is empty. However, I did find it in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X. But when I look in the MFSX folder, there is nothing in it except Sound Folder. Why is this and where is the game for me to install my addons manually? Thanks for any help. Brian

Steam games are installed under the Steam directory in Program Files by default. Something like "Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common". To manage the location Steam installs to, or add additional ones, you need to go into the Steam download settings and edit the Steam Library Folders.

Steam games are installed under the Steam directory in Program Files by default. Something like "Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common".

To manage the location Steam installs to, or add additional ones, you need to go into the Steam download settings and edit the Steam Library Folders.

Ok, I found was able to follow that path LOKI. Thanks for that. Talk about taking the long way around. More complicated than the CD install.

Where do I find the "Steam Library Folders"? I looked on Steam & on my PC in steam and the only thing I saw on my PC is "Libraryfolders.vdf" and when I opened that I didn't see anything I would change or add too.

So, going on the advice & recommendations of a few Wise Old Flight Simmers, I took the plunge & made the purchase of FSX- SE. It's installed & up n running. My first flight was with the F/A-18 from Logan Airport Boston Ma. Just took it up and landed for some simple fun. I do have a few questions if anyone can answer for me.

FIRST ? I noticed that the F/A-18 seems to slide around on the runway, almost like being on Ice Skates. Has anyone had this issue?

Yeah Brian , That Steam F-18 is not one of my favorites. I experienced all of the above, I just don't use it. Download one of the freeware's, like Ito's F-100, or Virtavia's F-4 Phantom, or F-22 Raptor from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html . You will enjoy them much better.

Jim

wall 2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Where do I find the "Steam Library Folders"? I looked on Steam & on my PC in steam and the only thing I saw on my PC is "Libraryfolders.vdf" and when I opened that I didn't see anything I would change or add too.

It's a setting from within Steam itself, not a file. Go into Steam's Settings, then the Downloads section and click the Steam Library Folders button.

And I strongly recommend forgetting the FSX Accel Hornet. They were in a rush to get it out in time t release Acceleration, and couldn't make it as good as it should be.

I suggest going for the FSX Blue Angels F/A-18C v18.3 . You can download it at THIS LINK. Look down through the post until you find the FSX V18.3 . It's about 3/4 of the way down. Pretty obvious.

It comes with it's own auto-installer. Once the installer downloads, unzip it to a temp folder, and run it. I suggest avoiding ...\Program Files like the plague, buuuut...

Remember to run the auto installer as Administrator. I also suggest making a shortcut on your desktop for FSX, so it will always run it as Admin for you.

There's a good deal of information about it in that thread. I suggest registering (it's free :) ) so you can post questions and so on, should you desire. There are also a number of other threads for things like AICarriers, vLSO, and so on, you might want to install to make your carrier ops more realistic and enjoyable.

Remember, this is the same team that developed the original FSX Accel Hornet. The v18.3, however, is lightyears ahead of it.

By the way, if you have the payware version of FSUPIC, there's a fix for the planes sliding around like they're on ice over glass that's been well greased. You DO have FSUIPC installed, I hope.

Good luck, let us know how things are going :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

The fsx f18 hornet does fine. After a slight adjustment to the gears landing is steady. No sliding.

I can't stand landing in the one you mentioned. When extending flaps the trim does crazy things. And at times it just decides to retract flaps for you. Making the nose drop unexpected.

Keeping the nose steady, and following a steady decent i find just about impossible.

Yes, yours looks great. Lovely paints and such. But I rather fly the default one. Safe landings matter more to me then looks. I want a plane to do what I want it to do.

Yes, I say recently that the new version of yours has 'improved flap logic' and that 'now sometimes trim won't run away with flap movement'. Sounds good, but then makes me think 'so sometimes nose won't drop, and sometimes it unexpectedly will' and that sounds even worse.

I hope I'm wrong and the new version is more flyable. I don't think I'll try it any time soon though.

No disrespect intended though Pat. Enjoy!

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah Brian , That Steam F-18 is not one of my favorites. I experienced all of the above, I just don't use it. Download one of the freeware's, like Ito's F-100, or Virtavia's F-4 Phantom, or F-22 Raptor from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html . You will enjoy them much better.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I'll check them out for sure. New to this FSX-SE but owned FSX Box edition for years. Just getting back into it after long break. Now to figure out how to install addons to SE. Not sure if I install manually to Folders on my PC or if they install on Steam. Do you know if anyone still plays multiplayer and where, whether on Steam server if there is one or somewhere else? Thanks again

By the way, if you have the payware version of FSUPIC, there's a fix for the planes sliding around like they're on ice over glass that's been well greased. You DO have FSUIPC installed, I hope.

Good luck, let us know how things are going :D

Pat☺

I do have FSUIPC payware (which I've used for about 15 years). What is the setting change to make the fix suggested?

Thanks, Ted

Now to figure out how to install addons to SE. Not sure if I install manually to Folders on my PC or if they install on Steam.

Installation is the same as before with the addition of add-ons available through Steam. The only major difference is the Steam directory structure, but once you get into the FSX SE folder, files go in the exact same folders as before. Most commercial add-ons should automatically pick up the FSX SE folder location through the registry entry the sim creates when installed, the same way they did with the boxed editions.

To have the f18 behave better on touchdown and rollout all I did was change the contact points for the wheels slightly. Made on changes with (paid) fsuipc.

I'm busy working on a gauge. And tired. I'll post my contact points section when I had a little more sleep.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Jim - I'll check them out for sure. New to this FSX-SE but owned FSX Box edition for years. Just getting back into it after long break. Now to figure out how to install addons to SE. Not sure if I install manually to Folders on my PC or if they install on Steam. Do you know if anyone still plays multiplayer and where, whether on Steam server if there is one or somewhere else? Thanks again

The install path is. > C: / Program Files (X86) / Steam / Steamapps / Common / FSX / Sim Objects / Airplanes.

Jim

So I downloaded & installed the LATEST FSX VERSION OF

FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet ver. 18.3 link (as of 5 MAY 2018) as suggested. I'm assuming I did it correctly as there is no read me file as to how to install or what goes where. I just copied the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 Folder and pasted it into my Airplane Folder. There was NO INSTALLER that I could find. I took it for a test flight & all seemed operational but what do I know.............. I'm not a pilot and have never done anything in the aeronautical field whatsoever. I just enjoy flight sims. Please let me know if I did it right or if there is any other files or folders I need to move & to where. Thanks for all the help Especially Pat & il88pp. You guys seem to know your stuff.

So I downloaded & installed the LATEST FSX VERSION OF

FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet ver. 18.3 link (as of 5 MAY 2018) as suggested. I'm assuming I did it correctly as there is no read me file as to how to install or what goes where. I just copied the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 Folder and pasted it into my Airplane Folder. There was NO INSTALLER that I could find. I took it for a test flight & all seemed operational but what do I know.............. I'm not a pilot and have never done anything in the aeronautical field whatsoever. I just enjoy flight sims. Please let me know if I did it right or if there is any other files or folders I need to move & to where. Thanks for all the help Especially Pat & il88pp. You guys seem to know your stuff.

If you are flying it; then you got it installed ! Congratulations ! Be sure to read the Read Me, as some times things like gauges, and effects must be installed separately to make it complete.

Jim

If you are flying it; then you got it installed ! Congratulations ! Be sure to read the Read Me, as some times things like gauges, and effects must be installed separately to make it complete.

Jim

Hi Jim - Thank you - Unfortunately there is No Read Me file as far as I can tell. There are a ton of texture files & other files I have no idea what to do with... I'm sure they are different paints but I don't know how to use. If I had one WISH - It would be that when the guys that make these addons, would take into consideration that some guys, Me specifically, that have no idea how to install these awesome works. I WISH they would include an installation Read Me doc for dummy's like me.

Ok, I guess Jimi hasn't gotten the installer and readme files done yet. Sorry about that.

If you placed the folder FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 in your ...\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, it's in the right place. One thing more you need to do: Go to the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 folder, and in that there's a folder named Extras. Open that, and inside is a folder named Effects. Copy that folder to your ...\FSX\Effects folder. Answer YES when it asks if you want to merge the two folders. Answer YES to any over-writes, too, although I don't think you'll have any.

Make sure that when you go to take off, you set the pitch trim to the T/O position. Look behind the throttle quadrant on the left hand panels. Just about even with the APU control panel, there's a knob called Rudder Trim. It has a button in the center. Press the button, and if you look on the checklist page (center DDI has it up by default. Low, behind the stick, somewhat), you will see the Pitch Trim change to +12 NU (Nose Up). Set Flaps 1 (1/2 way deployed) by pressing F5 to ensure the flaps are all the way up, the F7 to lower the flaps one setting. There's only two settings, after all. You can see their position on the little light panel, left side of the Main Control Panel, down below the nozzle Position, among several other, indicators. It shows gear and flaps positions.

The Hornet has two modes of flight for the FCS (Flight Control System, which controls all the flight controls positions): UA (Up and Away), or just flying around, gear and flaps up, or PA (Power Approach), or when you're set up for landing. Full flaps and gear down. To change from UA to PA, you need to slow down to 250 KIAS. I use the speed brake, as I love the overhead recovery. The break turn. Enter at 350 KIAS, 1200' AGL for shore stations and 800' AGL for carriers. Start at the end of the runway you flew down next to, from approach end to departure end to begin, and make a 45° bank, level turn. No loss or gain of altitude. Chop the throttles, pop the speed brake (/ key). At 250 KIAS, drop the gear and go to Flaps Full. Hit the F8 key to do that. As you slow further, the flaps will program out to full, and the Speed Brake will retract. The Pitch trim will eventually set to 8.1° for you as you slow too. You will be able to see this with a small display on the HUD, just below the Altitude box. It only stays up for 5 seconds, so maintain you scan! As you get closer and closer to about 135 KIAS, depending on the plane's gross weight, you will need to begin throttling up to maintain speed and altitude.

You will be able to see the throttle needed by watching the little Energy Carat, a small triangle that slides up and down on the right side of the Velocity Vector, that circle with three lines sticking out that shows you where the plane's flight path is. If the Energy Carat is below the V V, you will slow down. If above, you will speed up. Use it to see what throttle setting you need to maintain speed and altitude.

Two other things to watch: First, the E symbol, which will appear on the left of the V V in PA mode. It looks like an E, with the middle bar kinda short. That is where the V V needs to be, lined up inside it. That will mean your AOA is correct for the plane's weight.

You can cross check that by looking at the AOA indication on the left side, just outside the HUD glass. A yellow circle, you're right on the money. An arrow above it, you're getting slow, and arrow below it, too fast. Remember, keep up your scan, don't lock into one instrument, other than the HUD.

Do all this on your downwind leg of the pattern, while descending to 600' AGL. Remember, once you have the right AOA, you shouldn't move the stick out of center in pitch. Pull and add a little power in the turns, is all. You control your rate of descent with the throttle, NOT the stick!. The plane will have set the pitch trim for you, so all you need to move the stick for is for your bank angles.

Make your turn onto final, line up on the centerline, boat or shore, and set descent for about 800 FPM. Keep that set until the plane impacts the deck.

DO NOT FLARE! Navy pilots do NOT FLARE for landing. If you do on shore, you set a bad habit pattern for when you transition to the boat. If you flare when landing on a carrier, you will either miss the wires entirely (bolter), or will get an "in-flight engagement", where the hook grabs a wire, but the gear are off the deck, and it will drag you out of the air so fast, the gear are driven up through the wings. Or worse.

There is a good book and the plane and it's cockpit in the ...\Extras\Documents folder. You can also download the Hornet's NATOPS manual. The bible for Navy pilots. I can get you a link if you need, or just google F-18 NATOPS. It has everything you need to know about the plane, and how to fly it. The FSX BA Hornet has been made to duplicate the real plane as closely as possible. And it is! But the included document, titled 2015 FSXBA FA-18C Hornet Manual is a good place to start. Yes, it's for an older version, but most of it is still fairly valid. Read on updates and fixes on the Thread I posted. Where you dl'd the plane from.

As to all the texture folder it has: They're actually already installed. 85 different paints are available. You don't need to do anything. You can see them all on the Aircraft Selection Screen. Just use the center drop down menu, and find the FSX Blue Angels & Groom Lake simulations entry. Make sure that the little box down at the bottom of the main Aircraft Selection screen, marked Show All Variations is checked.

@ il: remember that the FCS takes control of the flaps position at 270 knots airspeed. Even with the switch in 1/2 or full, at 270 it starts programming them up. You need to ensure you have the gear up and the flaps switch up before that speed. And yes, the nose will drop some when the flaps begin to retract. You're loosing the lift they provide. Do you press the Pitch Trim button, and set flaps 1/2 on take off, and don't pull the stick? The plane wil rotate and set the correct climb angle for you. Rectact the gear and set the flaps UP once you have a positive rate of climb, but no later than 300' and 250 KIAS.

If you get below 250 KIAS during your flight, no matter what the flaps switch position, the FCS will program the flaps correctly for the airspeed, weight, and so on.

During landing, follow the procedure I outlined above, and it will set up and fly correctly all the way down. I never have a bit of trouble, as long as the procedures are followed correctly. If you are, I can try to troubleshoot it for you, but I wager in this case it's pilot error.

I mean no offense, honest. I just think maybe you're not following procedures correctly, know what I mean?

By the way: On roll-out, use the speed brake and aerobraking to slow down. It really works quite well :) On shore stations, ensure you set the anti-skid switch on, on the boat, leave it off.

Jst so you know, we spent a good deal of time and effort on the landing gear contact points. They ARE correct for this plane, I swear. I swear a lot, but I AM a Marine, after all :D :D

Ok, I'm done. Enjoy it, Prostock, and everyone else.

There's a v18.4 in the pipe-line. Mostly getting all the TacPack stuff fully functional, but some FCS items getting updated as well. Working on getting the radios and tacan system set properly for all conditions, carriers as well as land, too. The land-based stuff, TACAN and ILS, works right, but the carrier TACAN doesn't. YET. :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

No pat, the problem I have is that when I extend the flaps, (the fcs resets the pitch. And then the nose drops. Often so much that the plane dives almost out of control.

To get out of that I need to accelerate. (or sometimes the drop itself accelerates the plane so much already.). During the acceleration I want to stay just below flap speed. With flap drag keeping of just below that speed.

But the flaps get retracted automatically. So speed increases to well over 250. Not a little either, easily to 350 or more. And on option left but to in around again.

I want to set a flap. And have it stay there. I can live with it getting torn off. Just don't retract it for me.

When I extend flaps at 250 I want it to extend. I don't want two minutes of cramped flying and then have it suddenly extend without warning.

And I like some seat of the pants feel. Not the 'carret and stick' staring at some tiny fleck on a hud. Especially when that carret is often not even visible.

Give me a button that switches that whole fcs system. Let me set the trim I want. (because trimming this plane manually has on effect whatsoever now).

Let me set the flaps I want, and leave them where I set them. And have the gear extension cause the normal pitch down. Don't add any extra by also winding the trim down to 8 or whatever it is.

I know I shouldn't bash their hard work. Maybe it's just not the plane for me. A pity, as the paints are great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also frustrating. Can't for the life of me maintain a steady approach speed. Maybe the trim gets automatically medled with then too. Not sure. It could be uncommanded flap movements even.

Usually lose height fast in the last mile. And then end up too fast on touchdown.

Ps, during the final I want to focus on the touchdown zone. Not on the plane, what the fcs might be doing. And definitely not on those 2 popups that show of all those required things like 'alpha', trim, etc, etc, etc. Those two popups take up most my screen, and hide the runway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I guess Jimi hasn't gotten the installer and readme files done yet. Sorry about that.

If you placed the folder FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 in your ...\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, it's in the right place. One thing more you need to do: Go to the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00 folder, and in that there's a folder named Extras. Open that, and inside is a folder named Effects. Copy that folder to your ...\FSX\Effects folder. Answer YES when it asks if you want to merge the two folders. Answer YES to any over-writes, too, although I don't think you'll have any.

Make sure that when you go to take off, you set the pitch trim to the T/O position. Look behind the throttle quadrant on the left hand panels. Just about even with the APU control panel, there's a knob called Rudder Trim. It has a button in the center. Press the button, and if you look on the checklist page (center DDI has it up by default. Low, behind the stick, somewhat), you will see the Pitch Trim change to +12 NU (Nose Up). Set Flaps 1 (1/2 way deployed) by pressing F5 to ensure the flaps are all the way up, the F7 to lower the flaps one setting. There's only two settings, after all. You can see their position on the little light panel, left side of the Main Control Panel, down below the nozzle Position, among several other, indicators. It shows gear and flaps positions.

The Hornet has two modes of flight for the FCS (Flight Control System, which controls all the flight controls positions): UA (Up and Away), or just flying around, gear and flaps up, or PA (Power Approach), or when you're set up for landing. Full flaps and gear down. To change from UA to PA, you need to slow down to 250 KIAS. I use the speed brake, as I love the overhead recovery. The break turn. Enter at 350 KIAS, 1200' AGL for shore stations and 800' AGL for carriers. Start at the end of the runway you flew down next to, from approach end to departure end to begin, and make a 45° bank, level turn. No loss or gain of altitude. Chop the throttles, pop the speed brake (/ key). At 250 KIAS, drop the gear and go to Flaps Full. Hit the F8 key to do that. As you slow further, the flaps will program out to full, and the Speed Brake will retract. The Pitch trim will eventually set to 8.1° for you as you slow too. You will be able to see this with a small display on the HUD, just below the Altitude box. It only stays up for 5 seconds, so maintain you scan! As you get closer and closer to about 135 KIAS, depending on the plane's gross weight, you will need to begin throttling up to maintain speed and altitude.

You will be able to see the throttle needed by watching the little Energy Carat, a small triangle that slides up and down on the right side of the Velocity Vector, that circle with three lines sticking out that shows you where the plane's flight path is. If the Energy Carat is below the V V, you will slow down. If above, you will speed up. Use it to see what throttle setting you need to maintain speed and altitude.

Two other things to watch: First, the E symbol, which will appear on the left of the V V in PA mode. It looks like an E, with the middle bar kinda short. That is where the V V needs to be, lined up inside it. That will mean your AOA is correct for the plane's weight.

You can cross check that by looking at the AOA indication on the left side, just outside the HUD glass. A yellow circle, you're right on the money. An arrow above it, you're getting slow, and arrow below it, too fast. Remember, keep up your scan, don't lock into one instrument, other than the HUD.

Do all this on your downwind leg of the pattern, while descending to 600' AGL. Remember, once you have the right AOA, you shouldn't move the stick out of center in pitch. Pull and add a little power in the turns, is all. You control your rate of descent with the throttle, NOT the stick!. The plane will have set the pitch trim for you, so all you need to move the stick for is for your bank angles.

Make your turn onto final, line up on the centerline, boat or shore, and set descent for about 800 FPM. Keep that set until the plane impacts the deck.

DO NOT FLARE! Navy pilots do NOT FLARE for landing. If you do on shore, you set a bad habit pattern for when you transition to the boat. If you flare when landing on a carrier, you will either miss the wires entirely (bolter), or will get an "in-flight engagement", where the hook grabs a wire, but the gear are off the deck, and it will drag you out of the air so fast, the gear are driven up through the wings. Or worse.

There is a good book and the plane and it's cockpit in the ...\Extras\Documents folder. You can also download the Hornet's NATOPS manual. The bible for Navy pilots. I can get you a link if you need, or just google F-18 NATOPS. It has everything you need to know about the plane, and how to fly it. The FSX BA Hornet has been made to duplicate the real plane as closely as possible. And it is! But the included document, titled 2015 FSXBA FA-18C Hornet Manual is a good place to start. Yes, it's for an older version, but most of it is still fairly valid. Read on updates and fixes on the Thread I posted. Where you dl'd the plane from.

As to all the texture folder it has: They're actually already installed. 85 different paints are available. You don't need to do anything. You can see them all on the Aircraft Selection Screen. Just use the center drop down menu, and find the FSX Blue Angels & Groom Lake simulations entry. Make sure that the little box down at the bottom of the main Aircraft Selection screen, marked Show All Variations is checked.

@ il: remember that the FCS takes control of the flaps position at 270 knots airspeed. Even with the switch in 1/2 or full, at 270 it starts programming them up. You need to ensure you have the gear up and the flaps switch up before that speed. And yes, the nose will drop some when the flaps begin to retract. You're loosing the lift they provide. Do you press the Pitch Trim button, and set flaps 1/2 on take off, and don't pull the stick? The plane wil rotate and set the correct climb angle for you. Rectact the gear and set the flaps UP once you have a positive rate of climb, but no later than 300' and 250 KIAS.

If you get below 250 KIAS during your flight, no matter what the flaps switch position, the FCS will program the flaps correctly for the airspeed, weight, and so on.

During landing, follow the procedure I outlined above, and it will set up and fly correctly all the way down. I never have a bit of trouble, as long as the procedures are followed correctly. If you are, I can try to troubleshoot it for you, but I wager in this case it's pilot error.

I mean no offense, honest. I just think maybe you're not following procedures correctly, know what I mean?

By the way: On roll-out, use the speed brake and aerobraking to slow down. It really works quite well :) On shore stations, ensure you set the anti-skid switch on, on the boat, leave it off.

Jst so you know, we spent a good deal of time and effort on the landing gear contact points. They ARE correct for this plane, I swear. I swear a lot, but I AM a Marine, after all :D :D

Ok, I'm done. Enjoy it, Prostock, and everyone else.

There's a v18.4 in the pipe-line. Mostly getting all the TacPack stuff fully functional, but some FCS items getting updated as well. Working on getting the radios and tacan system set properly for all conditions, carriers as well as land, too. The land-based stuff, TACAN and ILS, works right, but the carrier TACAN doesn't. YET. :D

Pat☺

Thank you Pat. Great stuff there. Actually TMI for me. I'm just a guy who enjoys floating around in some cool looking planes, doing a few missions & having fun. Your explanation & instructions are very much appreciated but a little more than I would ever use. I don't even know what a 1/4 of the stuff you talked about is. All the letters, like KIOS, P P, V V, AGL, Carrat, FCS, ILS blah blah....... No offense meant, it's basically useless information to me, but I and I'm sure the other guys appreciate your knowledge.

So, with that said. I installed the contents of the FA-18C Effects folder into my FSX\Effects folder and now I can see the "Effects" which are great. Before, I had nothing & I thought that's the way it was.

I also checked the "Aircraft Selection screen, marked Show All Variations is checked" which was never checked & holey #$@#, I didn't realize that was there now I have tons of paints....... See, it's these little stupid things that NOVICE Simmers like myself are totally unaware exist. There must be a Tutorial somewhere for Dummies that shows all the little secrets... I say secrets because that's what they are if us dummies have no idea they exist. Anyway. Thank you very much & this will not be the last you hear from me..... I'm sure I'll have many more questions. Especially about the TACPACK addon. That has peaked my interest but not doing anything with that just yet. Over & Out

No offense meant, it's basically useless information to me, but I and I'm sure the other guys appreciate your knowledge.

Well, if you want to use this plane in Multiplayer (MP More initials :D ), you're gonna need to do some learning. Like the right way to take off and land, for example. All this in my post is simple, basic, "How to fly an F/A-18C" information.

If you want to use it with TacPack, you'll need to learn a heck of a lot more. Including abbreviations :p

I think I explained most of them, but KIAS is Knots Indicated Airspeed. Applicable to any plane that reads out airspeed in knots, vice MPH.

A "carat" is a small symbol used to point at something, somehow. Like

Another applicable to all planes is ILS. Instrument Landing System. The localizer and glideslope radio beams from the airport you can follow down to land. AGL is Above Ground Level, as opposed MSL, or Mean Sea Leave. How far is the plane Above Ground Level, as opposed to how far up is it above Mean Sea Level of the whole world.

I'm pretty sure I at least broke down the others by letter for you.

Like i said, you want to fly against others, at least in this plane, let alone the better payware planes, you've got a lot of learning to do. You can't just jump in, throw the throttles to full AB and leave them there the whole flight. And pilots love abbreviations. Saves a LOT of writing for them. Others you meet in MP will used abbreviations a lot, even in their speech.

You've got a steep learning curve ahead of you :cool:

I am really glad you got the effects working though, and can now see all the different paints available to your planes. You may be a novice NOW, but you'll pick up on all the little tips and tricks as you go. Just a matter of experience.

Look at all you've learned in just this short period of time. Never be afraid to ask. The people on this forum, most, if not all (except maybe Zippy! :p [i AM kidding, btw]) of whom are a heck of lot smarter than I am, are never afraid of answering, no matter if the the question might be something you consider a stupid, or silly, question.

What's an airplane, how do I fly straight and level, you name it. Someone will step in and answer the question. So don't be afraid. Ask away!

Finally, and this I insist on, Have fun! :pilot:

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, if you want to use this plane in Multiplayer (MP More initials :D ), you're gonna need to do some learning. Like the right way to take off and land, for example. All this in my post is simple, basic, "How to fly an F/A-18C" information.

If you want to use it with TacPack, you'll need to learn a heck of a lot more. Including abbreviations :p

I think I explained most of them, but KIAS is Knots Indicated Airspeed. Applicable to any plane that reads out airspeed in knots, vice MPH.

A "carat" is a small symbol used to point at something, somehow. Like

Another applicable to all planes is ILS. Instrument Landing System. The localizer and glideslope radio beams from the airport you can follow down to land. AGL is Above Ground Level, as opposed MSL, or Mean Sea Leave. How far is the plane Above Ground Level, as opposed to how far up is it above Mean Sea Level of the whole world.

I'm pretty sure I at least broke down the others by letter for you.

Like i said, you want to fly against others, at least in this plane, let alone the better payware planes, you've got a lot of learning to do. You can't just jump in, throw the throttles to full AB and leave them there the whole flight. And pilots love abbreviations. Saves a LOT of writing for them. Others you meet in MP will used abbreviations a lot, even in their speech.

You've got a steep learning curve ahead of you :cool:

I am really glad you got the effects working though, and can now see all the different paints available to your planes. You may be a novice NOW, but you'll pick up on all the little tips and tricks as you go. Just a matter of experience.

Look at all you've learned in just this short period of time. Never be afraid to ask. The people on this forum, most, if not all (except maybe Zippy! :p [i AM kidding, btw]) of whom are a heck of lot smarter than I am, are never afraid of answering, no matter if the the question might be something you consider a stupid, or silly, question.

What's an airplane, how do I fly straight and level, you name it. Someone will step in and answer the question. So don't be afraid. Ask away!

Finally, and this I insist on, Have fun! :pilot:

Pat☺

More great info Pat, Thank you Sir. As for MP (Multiplayer) I would be interested in doing some MP, sounds fun. Is there a group, squad or learning platform in place where guys get together & learn & hone their skills, such as IP or other means? I would join the novice squad in a heartbeat. Please provide link or any other info on this.

Archived