Default gauges go blank when I install Acceleration???

Your specs are OK for running FSX in medium to med-high settings.

Would you provide a list of your FSX options settings or paste your FSX.CFG in here?

Just to confirm when you use FSX Deluxe and the same plane gauges look normal?

Not sure these gauges are really "missing" as much as there is a display/resolution problem.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Check a couple options in your display settings.

First that you have Global Texture Resolution on the Graphics tab at it's max.

Second that you have a check in High Resolution 3D virtual cockpit on the Aircraft tab.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

...but when I add Acceleration they go blank...

Adding Acceleration is adding SP2. Adding SP2 is adding DX10 preview.

Looking at the pic I suspect that's the cause.

You've probably never installed the SPs, so not even aware of the existence of DX10 Preview ?

Settings -> Display -> Uncheck "Preview DX 10"

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Once the DX10 preview has been checked once and then off, the shader cache needs to be cleared.

I've seen this affect scenery and clouds, but not gauges.

Max claimed he's been using FSX for two years without trouble and only after adding Acceleration, so he should know the ropes by now.

Something is going on we haven't been told.

Outdated MB drivers perhaps, or ghost drivers.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Once the DX10 preview has been checked once and then off, the shader cache needs to be cleared.

What are you basing this claim on?

FSX uses different shaders for DX9 and DX10.

I have switched between 9 and 10 dozens of times, without clearing the caches and never had a problem.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

This is something I experienced myself while beta testing ASN causing problems with the appearance of clouds while experimenting with DX10 shader files. I'm not saying this is something the OP should do right now. We are still lacking specific information about his computer and only a couple questions have been answered which do not narrow down things enough yet.

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282985-Water-textures-shaders-in-DX9-problems

-Pv-

Well just maybe I am making some progress with all the help from you folks. I did another complete uninstall removing FSX Deluxe and reinstalled my old original basic FSX without any addons at all. The sim ran just fine and the gauges displayed normally. I then installed the Pete Dowson FSUIPC4, the FeelThere ERJ145 and the CaptainSim 707 and when I fired up FS all the default aircraft displayed normally, however the gauges in the Feel There addon were blank while the whole CaptainSim 707 was just incomplete black shapes. So then I installed Acceleration ( with the preview DirectX 10 box unchecked) and bingo all the gauges in all the airplanes,(default and addon) are working great again. I flew the pattern at SEATAC in the CaptSim 707 ( by the way this is a first class airplane addon) and it is working great in all respects. I would like to install the FSX Booster and AccFeel addons again so is there anything else besides not selecting DirectX 10 in FSX Booster that I need to be aware of? Thanks a bunch everyone, Max

No idea about best settings. I don't have FSPS FSX Booster myself. Actually surprised, (and well chuffed), that did the trick!

But, Google is your friend!

(And use the search box at the top of every page on flightsim.com)

Happy flights,

il88pp:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived