The Hog

GBJim

Hi!

Definitively a great plane!

As far as the landing is concerned :pilot; , the French school, like I was trained, is 'the axis first, the slope then!' First catch the rwy axis, then manage the descent to it :) But maybe it's for GA planes

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

You all should go to the famous "von Peerhoven Acadamy For Natural Born Airmen. I'm offering you a great discount. And I like the vid Jim!:cool::cool::cool:

I agree!! Especially if you want to learn water landings in non-maritime designed aircraft!!:eek::eek::eek: Plus von Peerhoven landings usually include swimming practice!! So you get both for the price of the one!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Came to the post expecting to see a flying Harley Davidson. Left with a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp instead. :D

Besides the F-22 Raptor and the B-2 stealth bomber, the A-10 close air support aircraft would have to be my fav in terms of modern aircraft. There was this simulator that has it and I've been meaning to try it, but never got around to. It's like PMDG but for a specific Sim with all the bells and whistles. So there's a broad learning curve. Wouldn't mind knowing how to fly it.

I play BF2 with the AIX mod (which makes BF2 play the way it should have been IMO) and in there is an A-10. The gun is fantastic! You can still play BF2 after Game Spy shut down. Just use the BF2 Hub client. I once had an AIX server, but hardly anyone joined. It's baffling because so many were just joining the normal BF2 servers and not AIX which is a hell of a lot better. For one, the bullets actually hit your target, you get head shots which is indeed a one hit kill, and the air to air missile WILL follow you and take you down. Unlike how it was coded in default BF2. I can't tell you how many times I fired a missile only for it to ver off and away from its target. In AIX, if you get hit once with a missile, and then if your lit up again, you better plan on ejecting, and it better not be over water as that most likely will be a long swim. Better break out the cyanide capsule and respawn. LOL

I was also a master in BF2142. Played that game for hours.

Edit-

Speaking of military aircraft. I mostly fly the F-22 anymore with a highly customized cockpit. I was flying from Pakistan to Dubai and on my way I crossed over Iranian airspace. As soon as I was 10 miles withen Iranian airspace I dropped a small tactical nuke. LOL I reserve my nuke for places I don't much care for.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Archived