Scenery Light Blue

Yes,

It seems to be a settings issue. And probably they are too high. Perhaps if you printed your equipment specs and settings, you could get more advice.

Being nearby, I dropped in just to see what I could see.

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

There's lots of blue there, but that's a good thing!! It's certainly not everywhere.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Rupert.Do you think my FPS is to High ?

Hey Celtic,

Just so you know, Cardiff is one of my favorite RW places in the real world. In fact I'll be back there again early this Fall!

As to your question, neither I nor anyone else can give a very good response without knowing more about your visual settings and also about your machine. As iL88 said, it may very well be an issue that many/most of your video settings are too high.

I hugely suggest you provide us with statements, or better yet screenshots, of where your graphic slider settings are. Whether or not you have DX10 enabled, etc. Also, is your blue scenery based upon default scenery?? If not, what add-on scenery are you using? Finally, What are the specs of your machine?? What version of windows are you using? Is this Boxed, Steam, or whatever software? And though it may seem obvious, are you with flying FSX, 2004, P3D, X-Plane, or exactly what flight simulator?

There are a ton of great simmers on this forum simply because they like to help others. But even the best of them can't really help without a whole lot more information from you! ;) The more info, screenshots, computer specs, etc. you provide the easier it is to help you!

Finally, I'd also suggest you include at least one screenshot showing exactly what you are looking at!! If you don't know how to post a screenshot there is a whole section on the Flight Simulator forum explaining how to take and post screenshots.+

No one is trying to doge your question! There just isn't really enough info to be of a whole lot of help!

Just so you know, Cardiff is one of my favorite RW places in the real world. In fact I'll be back there again early this Fall!

Hi, Michael!

Nice pics, BTW. The first one messed me up for a second. I thought "Man, that's THE biggest friggen plane, compared to the boats, I've ever seen!"

THEN my brain got the perspective right.

I need more coffee...

Just wondering, do you mean Cardiff in England, or Cardiff by the Sea, near San Diego? Myself and the lovely Miss Ghost took some of our bunnies to a show in Cardiff by the Sea a few (!) years ago. Had a few take some nice awards too...

I spent a lot of my time in the park, watching the girls go by (keep hearing Music to Watch Girls By in my head now...), and sleeping. A LOT. :D

Definitely settings, Mr. celticwizzard (isn't that a "druid" by any other name?). Turn things down. Believe it or not, Water Effects can really eat up processor power. So does 3D clouds, and Airport Vehicles. Try turning those 3 down to 1/2, or less, and see what happens. Same for the rest of the AI Traffic. Planes, boats, Road Vehicles, all of them.

Autogen Density is another, same for Graphics Detail.

Aww, heck, just start turning ALL of it down, until you hit a balance between what your system can handle, and what you want to see.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hey Pat,

I meant neither. I was referring to Cardiff in Wales. I've been to a lot of places but have found a very few views to match the beautiful and mostly EMPTY beaches in Wales.

It's amazing there are those fabulous beaches with beautiful views, water, etc. and no one nor even any tracks on many of them almost anytime you go there!! If one other couple per 2 miles of waterfront beach is too crowded to suit, travel another couple of miles and there's another empty beach and another etc. I have had more people inside my old apartment on Malibu Beach at a time than what I've seen on many a beach in Wales on a perfect day!! Cardiff by the Sea is nice but can look Hong Kong overcrowded compared to many or most beaches in Wales.

As to the scenery issues. Since Celtic is not very forthcoming with details of what the scenery is at issue and what the computer is, I'd advise to first make sure DX10 Preview is not checked and see what that does. Then lower sliders a bit at a time till you get to where you want to be.

Just to add, the airport Celtic is having trouble with and that I made that landing at is LGSK in Greece.

Come to think of it, I probably ought to "fly" a bit over the beaches in Wales and see how they appear in FSX. If they look half decent, I'll post them in the FS Screenshot Forum.

Archived