Change the VCcockpit switch functions

Hello,everyone.I purchased the iris raptor driver for fsx.But I noticed some switches in the VC cockpit haven't got actual functions.Although they are clickable(they can change their position ON/OFF,but they can't control anything),How do I change it?Thanks for any suggestions and replies!

I just want to set some actual functions for these switches, not to modify the model files. Is this really impossible? I remember that the switch is actually a gauge file. Can it be done by modifying the xml file in .cab?

Is it a 3D switch, or just a gauge? If it's a switch, no it can't be changed. If it's a gauge, you can edit the XML.

+1 Are those switches labeled as to function or are they there for looks?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You'll have to look at the Panel.cfg file to see if those switches are defined. If there's no line for them in the Panel.cfg, no, you can't change them.

You need to look for a line similar to this: gauge14=cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 385, 23 ,10,14

that indicates the switches in question. If they're labeled in the VC, like one says Carb Heat, one says Panel Lights, one says Nav Lights, or whatever, then you need to look for those functions in the Panel.cfg file. Like the Nav/GPS switch I used for an example, but related somehow to the switch you want to change.

If you find such a line, you need to find the XML file named in the section before the ! (exclamation point). That the name of the cab file containing the xml file you want, or the folder. One of those two things will either be in the Panel folder, or installed in the sim's \Gauges folder.

Once you find the .cab file, or the folder, with a name matching the word(s) before the !, then look through it to find an xml file with the name shown following the !. By the way, .cab files can be opened with most zip-file programs. I use 7Zip myself.

Once you find the xml file, you need to open it for editing. I use NotePad++ for xml files, and it works great. You can then edit the xml to have any switch function you desire.

If you need instructions on XML programming of switches, I can help you with that. Just let us know.

Hope this babbling all helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you PAT!I find the panel.cfg but I didn't find the switchs...

That's what I was afraid of. Since they are not labeled and are of no use in the cockpit, they are just window dressing.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You could make yourself a pop-up 2D panel containing the switches you want. Otherwise, unless you can get permission from the original developer of the model file, you're outta luck.

In other words, you'll have to change the plane's model file. The .mdl file. This CAN be done with ModelConverterX, but it's generally considered to be immoral, if not downright illegal, to do it without the original dev's permission.

Also, if you do it without permission, and then publish it for public consumption, the original dev can come after you legally. You know, with court dates, lawyers , things like that. So beware.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the reality of the situation. Sorry bout that..

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Creating a panel is too detailed a thing to go into in a simple forum post. You will have to do some research as to how to go about doing it, and creating/adding the items you want.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Archived