FSX:SE scenery installation ?

GBJim

Fantastic! Congrats on the self-rescue. I sometimes marvel at how often PC problems turn out to be created by something stupid simple..... once you finally find it that is -lol. Glad you're back in the air with the ground you wanted beneath you.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

==============================================================

Mr.Pat I've had steam verify the integrity of my C:/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FSX files. It showed no errors More I think about it more I believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my FSX installation itself. When I run the UTX USA installer it works just fine. During the proces I get four times the option of browsing to the above location, no problems sofar. In the end I get the positive confirmation that the Installation has completed, no prob. (The neccessary folders have all been

added to the FSX Scenery folder.) But after I click close on the last final confirmation screen another small app has to start; The UTX Scenery setup tool. (same as in boxed, a screen with a lot of options which can be (un)ticked at wish. It is here that I get this error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SCENERY.CFG or other simulator file(s) could not be

located at the expected location below:

C:\Users\Peter XXXXX\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SCENERY.CFG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the message is correct : My location here is: 'with SE'

C:\Users\Peter XXXXX\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX SE

There is no (by default) SCENERY.CFG file in that folder. When I run FSX SE and close it

no SCENERY.CFG is added there. Only the FSX.CFG file is there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The essence of my problem here is : When I change the FSX folder.name manually and add a

copy of the SCENERY.CFG from FSX root in this folder the error message remains.

I checked FS9 and it is the same situation, there's only the Basic FS9.CFG in the.......

User/App/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9 folder (no SCENERY.CFG at least on my system)

Apart from deinstalling through Steam itself.

I'm now totally totally out of options and knowledge here. The last days I was more optimistic but rightnow I feel that I will never ever be able to add my UTX USA (and I also have UTX EUR waiting) in my FSX-SE

Here is a link on FLIGHT1 describing exact the same issue and the solution.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic57694.htmlauto clicker

I know my own limitations, and I have many, this is a destination beyond my horizon!

I am afraid that I'm losing all motivation in my Fsim right now. Because whenever I would fly

FSX SE over USA and EUR I would allways be reminded of this issue.

Or when visiting Flightsim and Avsim one is allways confronted with ads. That's normal.

Publishers have to promote their products and the adds are a means of income for the FSIM-sites.

But I know I will not feel at ease when I would see ads of the reseller of this particular product.

Because this product has really caused me some major inconvenience now.

There are simply no other LandClass options for me, the're all way too expensive for me.

Thank god there was a guy on a Dutch Fsim-site who followed the thread and offered assistance too.

I wish there was someone with 'Teamview' who could follow the process from his side.

Well thanks again for all your help, stay well, regards : Peter

I found there was 1 small value in the registry that caused my problem: in my registry under:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition there was a sub-value present: [10.0] I was sure that this was a 'left-over' from my

previous FSX Boxed edition.

• 4 months later...
==============================================================

Mr.Pat I've had steam verify the integrity of my C:/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FSX files. It showed no errors More I think about it more I believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my FSX installation itself. When I run the UTX USA installer it works just fine. During the proces I get four times the option of browsing to the above location, no problems sofar. In the end I get the positive confirmation that the Installation has completed, no prob. (The neccessary folders have all been

added to the FSX Scenery folder.) But after I click close on the last final confirmation screen another small app has to start; The UTX Scenery setup tool. (same as in boxed, a screen with a lot of options which can be (un)ticked at wish. It is here that I get this error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SCENERY.CFG or other simulator file(s) could not be

located at the expected location below:

C:\Users\Peter XXXXX\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SCENERY.CFG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the message is correct : My location here is: 'with SE'

C:\Users\Peter XXXXX\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX SE

There is no (by default) SCENERY.CFG file in that folder. When I run FSX SE and close it

no SCENERY.CFG is added there. Only the FSX.CFG file is there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The essence of my problem here is : When I change the FSX folder.name manually and add a

copy of the SCENERY.CFG from FSX root in this folder the error message remains.

I checked FS9 and it is the same situation, there's only the Basic FS9.CFG in the.......

User/App/Roaming/Microsoft/FS9 folder (no SCENERY.CFG at least on my system)

Apart from deinstalling through Steam itself.

I'm now totally totally out of options and knowledge here. The last days I was more optimistic but rightnow I feel that I will never ever be able to add my UTX USA (and I also have UTX EUR waiting) in my FSX-SE

Here is a link on FLIGHT1 describing exact the same issue and the solution.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic57694.htmlauto clickers

I know my own limitations, and I have many, this is a destination beyond my horizon!

I am afraid that I'm losing all motivation in my Fsim right now. Because whenever I would fly

FSX SE over USA and EUR I would allways be reminded of this issue.

Or when visiting Flightsim and Avsim one is allways confronted with ads. That's normal.

Publishers have to promote their products and the adds are a means of income for the FSIM-sites.

But I know I will not feel at ease when I would see ads of the reseller of this particular product.

Because this product has really caused me some major inconvenience now.

There are simply no other LandClass options for me, the're all way too expensive for me.

Thank god there was a guy on a Dutch Fsim-site who followed the thread and offered assistance too.

I wish there was someone with 'Teamview' who could follow the process from his side.

Well thanks again for all your help, stay well, regards : Peter

Copy the two bgl files to the scenery folder in the addon scenery folder. Locations are listed below.

DVD Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\

Steam Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\

Start up FSX if it isn’t already and go to scenery library in settings. Click OK at the bottom right, and FSX will load the new files. You can also add scenery while you’re in the middle of flying.