Megascenery Earth

Ask yourself one question. What altitude AGL do you mostly fly?

If you like tube-liners and typically fly at high altitudes, you'll probably be most happy with Photoreal Scenery. It's based on Google Earth type pictures and things are usually shown exactly where they are on a Ordinance Survey map. Having said that, at low altitudes you'll feel like all the structures and some hills, mountains, etc. were stomped on and smashed by a giant.

Autogen scenery like ORBX generally makes buildings, etc. look much more correct at lower altitudes. But it isn't usually as correct as you would expect using your Survey Map.

As I usually fly low and slow, I much prefer and own a lot of ORBX. If you fly high, get Photoreal. But I wouldn't expect you to be very happy trying to use both.

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks. I do fly high and fast quite often, well 99% of the time. I had MS for FS2004 and it was nice to see California in all its glory once I popped over the mountains. But I wasn't sure if it would play nice with Orbx Global or not. I looked at the Orbx site and it does say it will work. I fly around the world quite often so having Mega and Orbx would be nice since Mega doesn't cover places I go to like Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, England, etc, etc, etc....

If I like MSE in FSX I plan on buying the whole of the U.S. I just became a premium member and I see in my E-mail a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase plus FSPilot Shop is running an Easter/Spring sale so I might just go ahead and pull the trigger on MSE Colorado, my home state.

I don’t have any ORBX stuff installed. I bought MSE Nevada and have been using it happily for awhile. Nothing beats flying over my own house!
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Archived