R6025 Run Time Error

ColR1948

I got this yesterday and I did a search, one reply said delete the FSX.cfg and when it rebuilds a new one add this line:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Well i did that and the sim ran ok but it was late so didn't give it much chance. Any way today after running the sim for around 30 mins this popped up again:

runtime error.jpg

I search here on the forum, found a link to MS but to be honest I didn't understand a word of it, any ideas, this is the first time I've ever had this one?

Col.

Hi Col,

A few suggestions.....

1. IME this type of error is, in the case of FSX/FS2004, normally associated with a bad effects or associated effects texture file - this is normally related to AI models but some flyable models can also cause issues. As you have been playing around over the last few days to get a water AFCAD and its AI to work, I suggest that you reverse any changes made and then test FSX. If good then re-add each individual part and test to see if they are the cause. Note it is IMPORTANT to reboot between each part of testing as it gives a 'standard' testing base.

2. Download the various Runtime C++ redistribution packs (or at least the 2005 and 2008 versions) and reinstall them using admin rights - this action should repair any missing/broken/corrupted files that may be causing the issue

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian, You may well be right regarding the AI. I recently changed my FSX to old time classic aircraft.

I don't have any modern jets just classic type aircraft, I installed a lot of CalClassics including the flight plans but obviously made sure they were FSX compatible.

All was going well, Started to add some of my own repainted fictional classics to go with the mix, it was slowly building up nicely.

I did delete the troublesome water afcads and that idea is on the back burner for now.

But I did just install 2 WW2 RAF bases that I downloaded and I added some AI for fly from them and I was having a problem, I could go to the base and see them parked up but when one of them went to push it vanished.

Also these bases were not showing in Traffic Tools, nothing listed for them, not sure why, but it's no big deal I can delete them and see what happens.

Col.

I think I've cracked it! I added 5 AI aircraft plus flight plans, they were the last thing I did before the error.

So I took them out and ran the sim, it ran perfect with no error, so I put 1 back and again ran the sim, straight away the error popped up, so I took that 1 out, then I put another back in, no problem, then another, again no problem, tried the other 2 and again no problem.

So for some reason there must have been something either in the aircraft or the flight plans that caused the error.

Col

It wasn't a CalClassic it was a flight plan including 2 different aircraft, one was a Bristol Britannia and the other a Heron.

The FP was one I downloaded and adapted for the 2 aircraft, I have deleted them now so can't be much help.

Col.

Archived