737 take-off roll reduction

Roger Wensley

I have the AI Aardvark 737-200 and in theory (meaning in real life) it can take-off in less than 4,700 feet if it needs to, by reducing total loaded weight down from the maximum. Which means that to preserve reality I need to reduce the Aardvark version take-off roll length by about 400 feet so that Baker Lake is a viable option. Can somebody please advise which bit of the cfg file I need to tweak?

I have the AI Aardvark 737-200 and in theory (meaning in real life) it can take-off in less than 4,700 feet if it needs to, by reducing total loaded weight down from the maximum. Which means that to preserve reality I need to reduce the Aardvark version take-off roll length by about 400 feet so that Baker Lake is a viable option. Can somebody please advise which bit of the cfg file I need to tweak?

I don’t mess around with the ai too often, but I guess reducing the weight in the cfg would help. I think.

Increasing power might too but I’m not sure how that effects the rest of the flight profile.

But like I said, I’m no ai expert.

Hi,

Changing things like the lift scalar, wingspan, engine power, etc. would all shorten the takeoff roll. Reducing the empty_weight would also do it (AI do not react to reduced payloads). But these will also have effects during the rest of the flight, and those would need to be tested too.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I reduced the weight by 10,000 lbs, and that did the trick for the take-off. But, it doesn't land and just flies a missed approach. Now I will test the landing at normal weight to see if I messed that up by reducing the weight. Follow this story through to episode 27 in 2021.

Archived