Serious Stoners (Stoneheadsor Stoners)

Various religions throughout history have made stone offerings to represent or please their gods. In the US we have stones that look like politicians carved into Mt. Rushmore?? Obviously we haven't evolved much!:o:o

According to Wikipedia each head is about 60' tall. And the original plans were to do full busts but the money ran out.

For those not familiar with US politicians, depicted left to right are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, and Abe Lincoln.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Guest boxcar

You're finding lots of FS goodies lately, Michael, cool stuff. :) Ever hear of Crazy Horse Mountain? https://crazyhorsememorial.org/ Back when I was flying FSX, my terrain mesh could be displayed as tight as 10m and the terrain data it was derived from was recent enough to capture the essence of the sculpture in progress, the world's largest. All 4 heads of Mt. Rushmore would easily fit in what will be the opening between the outstretched arm and the horse's mane... and the sculpture will eventually be 3-dimensional. The carving is continuing as it has for over 70 years now, not to be completed in our lifetimes, but his "eyes are open" and have been for years now. Located about 7 nm WSW of Mt. Rushmore.

Well. I recognize Robin Williams, but I have no idea who the other three actors are?

Rushmore would be a pimple on Crazy Horse's butt.

Unfortunately it's always been privately funded and massive in scale, so it will never be finished.

Pretty impressive as it stands though. Here's a shot from family vacation back in '08. -- Bob

Plaster mock-up in the foreground.

Bear in mind the statue is nearly a mile away.

That arch under the arm is 10 stories high.

crazyHorse.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hey Bob,

My maternal grandmother was a 100% Cherokee Indian and was old enough to remember when most of her kinfolk were sent out west where none of them have ever lived before! She died in 1906 soon after my father was born in 1900. And he, who huge numbers of people hated because he looked like an "InJin"' was hugely successful as a horn player playing among "Big Bands" and other groups died a few months after my 8th birthday at the age of 54. I truly can relate to these issues. If you'll look back to my posts, I was hugely less than happy about these "faces" on Mount Rushmore!!

Actually my brother, who has never been able to grow a beard or any body hair but has a very swarthy skin and hugely dark eyes and had dark hair made tons of money playing the role of a "Native American," "Indian" in many "Western Movies". If you look at genetics you'll probably see he was actually that "Indian," 1/4 of those who retain their original appearance. And how he looked, still looks, has been a huge element of his success and after the movies the hatred he has had to deal with among those who live in the east/central US!! Whether he looks like, sounds like any of those they feel are guaranteed a life as an "American" That was and still is my brother!

Yes 3/4 of my/his heritage is Scot! But since my grandfather married a "Native American," we all still share several of the "native" traits.

Despite my 25% native genes I was still found to be "Merican" enough to spill blood defending the country which still seems to hate those who were here before most of us came here!!

Michael

Michael

These pics that you have been showing us, really something. It's amazing that even FS puts special places such as Mt. Rushmore would even be in FS. What next Michael? Kenny

Well, I just bought Monument Valley and have taken a few shots, it has lots of rocks. Another area I viewed years ago but don't think I posted much if anything on is Scotland. Molly and I both have relatives there and visit occasionally. The coverage between ORBX and SCOTFLIGHT is really wonderful!

Michael

I hear Gibraltar rocks this time of year. But Devils Tower's just a mesa stones. -- Bob

Yes Bob, it's a big mesa stone!! I visited Devil's Tower when flying the Around The World In Eighty Days Rally on the Aerosoft Community site. I think that was one of those free ORBX downloads as well.

Michael

Archived