Screenshots for Scenery I am creating for FSX and P3D

rjord

What I do with AI helis with skids is adjust the contact points so they sit just above the ground, if you alter them too much they look wrong but just enough so that when they taxi they don't move along the ground which also looks wrong. I've altered some and when they push back they tip over so it can sometimes involve a bit of trial and error.

Col.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even at this early stage of adding real flight schedules there is traffic showing at various airports at mosts times of the days...... however at this stage busy airports are still only showing a few aircraft. I estmate it will take a few weeks to a month to complete adding all the traffic I am planning.

The picture below shows a flight from Ornage to Sydney

orange to sydney.jpg

What I do with AI helis with skids is adjust the contact points so they sit just above the ground, if you alter them too much they look wrong but just enough so that when they taxi they don't move along the ground which also looks wrong. I've altered some and when they push back they tip over so it can sometimes involve a bit of trial and error.

Col.

Thanks for the tip......

I will look at adjusting the contact points when I begin adding the helicopter traffic.

At least now I feel happier about helicopters taking off down the runway.

I was looking at Coffs Harbour which in FSX still has the old ICAO code. I have worked out how to change the airport ICAO code but need to do more research before updating the airport.

Flying Doctor Service at Coffs Harbour airport

Coffs Harbor.jpg

Coffs Harbour Airport needs some work done on it....... you can see in the picture below that the Terminal is standing in a square of water which of course should not be there. You can see the reflection of trees in the water on the left side of the picture.

Terminal submerged in water.jpg

The entire real time schedule for Tiger Airways and Sharp Airlines has been added and completed in FSX.

Yes this process of creating an FSX timetable from an actual timetable is time consuming but the rewards of flying in FSX with an updated April 2018 timetable makes it worthwhile.

Tomorrow I begin adding in the schedule for Virgin Australia.

Sharp Airlines.jpg

So much efforts. Should all that really improve default Australia in FSX, you should turn that into a payware! :pilot:

I am looking at what my options are with the eventual release of this project........ the scenery and timetables would not contain any FSX content so would not break the rules as defined by the Microsoft EULA.

One option could be that the payware includes access to traffic updates on a weekly or monthly basis.

The way I am setting up the flightplan schedule for instance allows the schedules to be updated per aircraft....not per airline.

I started this thread about scenery for FSX just over a month ago......

I have now gathered together a list of at least 302 airports or airstrips that need to be added to Australian scenery alone.

This is only a starting point as I know of even more I need to check if they exist in FSX.

For example Mittagong Airfield was constructed in 1944 by the Royal Australian Airforce as part of the defence of Australia and is now operated to service the aviation needs of the Southern Highlands of New South Wales.

Now you will not be landing a 737 here but you may want to land the much smaller GA aircraft here.

I use Air Hauler 2 and am hoping to add the new scenery to Air Hauler 2 so I can create flights to these smaller and yet unused airfields not yet seen in FSX.

Mittagong Airfield

Mittagong 1.jpg

After enabling Mittagong airfield to be selected as a starting runway in FSX, I started the default FSX Kingair 350 at the Active Runway 16 at Mittagong Airfield and got the result as shown below where there is no runway and nothing in the area but a few houses a a 2 lane road passing by.

So is an example of this project adding scenery , and in this case the airport itself, into FSX.

No runway at Mittagong Airfield.

Mittagong 2.jpg

Below is the topdown view of my aircraft at Mittagong Airfield and the 2nd picture shows where the airfield is located in the added scenery.

The runway in the 2nd picture is not high definition at this height because it is an image only and will be used as a placeholder when I place the actual runway down.

Mittagong 4.jpg

Mittagong 5.jpg

Archived