Willing to Pay to get Simming! Struggling to get Saitek equipment set up with FSX

There is a power adapter you can buy for the yoke that plugs in the back of the yoke turning the USB ports on the back to powered usb. :)

I treid one that was supposed to work from Amazon but the plug didn't fit. I haven't been able to find the Saitek one. I think they discontinued the thing when the changed hands os something. I have used a powered hub and I was getting conficks with the Pro Yoke and X52 messing up the calibration. I recently moved and when I reassemble my Simulator I just used the available ports on the CPU and have only had to calibrate a couple times in two months. Oh and when the two collided it screwed up everything I mean like had to reassign every button until I use the FSUIPC for all my buttons and the X52 Axis. Now when the crash occurs I only have to reset the axises on the Stick, yoke and peddles. I found using Spad for the Switch Box works very well the only trouble sometimes when using the starter with certain aircraft will crash FSX with usually a G3 error something like that I forget really haven't made it happen lately by not using it.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Thanks guys, I will start trying this out on Monday. I was out of town for work and not able to get to my simulator. I am going to try the Mr. Unsavory fix first and go from there.

Yes, I am on windows 10 and will let you guys know how it goes. If I have to, I am taking the day off on Monday to figure this all out!

Make sure you turn off your 3.0 usb ports your using Saitek only likes 2.0 usb. Go into your BIOS and

go to Advanced>USB and changed the xHCI setting to disabled.. Worked for me. I also use FSUIPC but have the Saitek X52 pro, the Pro Yoke, Peddles and Switch box all working without a powered Hub. Once in awhile a recalibration but 90% 24/7 no issues.

I also did that exact thing disabling the xHCI in the BIOS. Otherwise the Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver would say I had "Too many devices connected" which was BS because I was using powered hubs anyways.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

This is awesome...... I don't speak this language.... Any assistance? I unplugged all the Saitek devices and uninstalled the drivers. Re-installed the drivers and when prompted, plugged the devices back in. I went to run the USB power restircter thing and I got this message back on teh DOS prompt screen:

Vendor ID (VID). For SAITEK use the default of 06A3: 06A3

Processing VID_06A3

Processing product PID_0763 (Pedals):

Device instance 5&115b2927&0&1: An exception occurred: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowSecurityException(ExceptionResource resource)

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)

at USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler.Program.Main(String[] args)

The Zone of the assembly that failed was:

MyComputer

I'm out until Monday but any assistance is appreciated........

Saitek Support? Ha! Since they have changed hands back and forth. The best I have ever gotten from them at least has been a replacement item under their two year warrinty. If you need support for Saitek controls which by the way are very nice in my experience but to get them all to work for me I relied on advice through forums like this from others who have encountered the same issues. A lot of times I just "Googled" my question and was directed to other gaming forums like the one where I found out how the turn off "disable" the xHCI so I could install the needed drivers and even that solved a whole lot of other issues for me. MrUnSavory offered up some could advice as well to look into. Once I did overcome the issues though as I said the Saitek controls are nice but I to have a Thrustmaster Stick and Thrustmaster peddles for backup that I use with my single monitor build as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived