Airport Design Editor9 (ADE) question

hjwalter

Hi Guys,

After many years of using the Afcad program for adding/editing airport ground scenery, etc, I've finally begun using the ADE program, which has far more functions than Afcad, although it'll take a lot more time to really get used to. However, in the meantime I've already "done" a few airports and am beginning to understand the program's many ins and outs.

Now my question:

Both programs have a "fault finding" function with the Afcad program displaying a large red arrow pointing to exactly where each found "fault" is situated but the ADE program doesn't seem to have anything like that. In fact, I find it almost impossible to locate e.g. a named fault, like a "broken link", unless of cause there's something staring me in the face, which I havn't discovered yet.

How do all ye ADE experts locate where each named fault is situated, so that it can be corrected ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hans

Clicking on any fault in my fault list does not seem to turn anything orange anywhere in my ADE screen.

Can this "orange" fault pointer appear anywhere in the displayed ADE airport layout or does it automatically get centered ? If it gets centered then I would at least know where to concentrate my attentions.

As a result of your reaction Tom, I'm now thinking of some kind of colour display problem eminating from my graphics card or even from my ADE installation itself. I could even be colour blind myself. LOL.

Anyway guys, thanks for your reactions because I can now at least narrow down my problem.

Hans

Hi Guys,

Tom, after your reply, which in fact turned my nose in the correct direction, I understood that after clicking on one of the faults in the list, the fault itself would then be automatically centered on the screen. Only after zooming in quite strongly, which I didn't do before, does the orange fault pointer become visible.

Problem solved and many thanks.

Hans

Archived