FSUIPC and keyboard controls

GridNorth

Whats the best way to deal with re-assigning keyboard values when using FSUIPC. I know it recommends disabling the controllers but what about the default keyboard assignments. I'm experiencing lots of problems with what appears to be key conflicts and/or FSX not responding to changes I make.

Alan

Hi, i have found the freeware Linda addon to be more user friendly. It acts as an interface to fsuipc. I would recommend getting that (from the Avsim forum for Linda) deleting all current assignments other than axis assignments like the throttles then re-assign using Linda.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think you can only "screw up" usb ports with a power spike when unplugging a device . If this has happened then you can't reset as far as i know. Try my suggestions with Linda first. After all its free!

Cheers

Stinger

My understanding is that Windows remembers whats in what port and gets confused if you change too much. I've downloaded Linda so I'll take a look.
Yes, this can happen. I have had it happen myself during a period when i was adding additional joystick interfaces. Linda helps in this resoect becayse you can backup your configuration and get it back fairly easily.

Since i have stopped adding joysticks all has settled down

Good luck

Problem solved. I uninstalled all the USB drivers and rebooted the PC. To be doubly sure I also reset all the controls to default. Another issue, apparently well known, is that the lights on the Saitek Multi Panel do not always illuminate. This was the first problem I experienced that set me off unplugging and swapping USB ports. This was solved by altering an entry in the registry. Thanks to Michael Brown of X Force PC for that.

Alan

I found this free utility to be incredibly helpful to manage USB stuff.

http://nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

You can uninstall any devices you ever plugged in. I use it remove/reconfigure Saitek Flight Instrument Panels.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I now remember why I kicked FSX into touch. I got fed up with all the issues and the methods for finding work arounds. I downloaded Linda and got sidetracked investigating issues with that. Now FSUIP is not recognising the Ailerons axis whilst FSX does. Is there a sim package out there that just works. The X-Plane demo seemed more robust but does it have it's own idiosyncrasies? I really dislike having to alter code and registry entries to get round failing in software.

Whilst i use linda for assigning switches and buttons i leave the axis for ailerons etc with fsx.

I do use fsuipc directly to setup my throttle but is just because i have a custom throttle.

Seems to work fine with my setup.

Sorry you had issues with linda. I found it a breeze and a much more user friendly interface than fsuipc.

Stinger

I'm having problems setting it up. It's asking me to use something called "VRiSim Software" to establish the correct com port. So I've downloaded one program, Linda, to get something working but in order to get that working I have to download another which in turn needs FSUIPC in order to work. That's 3 programs???? This is exactly what frustrates me about the whole thing with FSX, you get to a point where you forget what you were doing in the first place and end up with loads of crap clogging up your PC :-)

I'm having problems setting it up. It's asking me to use something called "VRiSim Software" to establish the correct com port. So I've downloaded one program, Linda, to get something working but in order to get that working I have to download another which in turn needs FSUIPC in order to work. That's 3 programs???? This is exactly what frustrates me about the whole thing with FSX, you get to a point where you forget what you were doing in the first place and end up with loads of crap clogging up your PC :-)
That must be something that has been included in a newer version as i didn't have to do that. [emoji848]

The Linda forum give great support if you need it.

I guess in the end we all have different systems with different addon software which can throw up individual issues. Especially when you consider that fsx is now 10 yrs old. Its a wonder it still works at all !

Stinger

Archived