Square shore lines.

Could someone please advise me on which bgl's in scenery/Namw would cover the area around Johnson Petersburg, (PAPG) Alaska? I have moved something that has caused this to happen. A big thank you if you can help. Thanks.

Steve W.

grab_033.jpg

grab_034.jpg

Square shorlines are always caused by one or more missing, corrupt, de-activated or moved default HL.bgl files, in your case, evidently in your NAMW/scenery folder. Check this scenery folder for de-activated HL files (those not having the "bgl" extension) and re-activate them one by one, to see if your problem gets solved. Take care though because it's very easy to make mistakes here because all those files look very much alike.

This kind of problem is very often caused by new scenery installs, whereby default files must be de-activated and/or replaced, either by edited ones included in the new scenery or by automatic processes. Either way, if something goes/went wrong here, square coastlines could be one of the the results.

If you have recently installed new scenery, check the original zip/rar file to see if any new default HL.bgl files were included. If so, then you should copy/paste these into your NAMW/scenery folder.

When you've gone through this rather long and tedious process without your problem being solved then the only solution will be to firstly delete all existing HL.bgl files from your NAMW/scenery folder and to then copy/paste all HL.bgl files from the original FS9 CD.

Good luck

Hans

Hi,

The HL file for that area is HL912110.BGL in the Scenery/NAMW/scenery folder, but when I remove it from my sim I do not get squares, I get what appears to be the same coastline with no shorelines.

On the other hand, if I remove HP912110.BGL then I get the square coastlines. My guess is that this file has been renamed without a BGL extension, removed, or altered (check the Date Modified property).

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thank you Hans and Tom. Yes. I found the problem as you gents stated. I had removed both of the HL and HP bgls. in question when I installed "Glacier Bay Version 2" scenery. Thank you again for helping.

Apparently it's an either/or situation. I'll have to leave them out as I do like the Glacier Bay scenery.

Steve W.

Archived