Windows 7 does not recognize CH Eclipse now

Gary Baker

1/21/2018 Problem is resolved - see below for what I did.

Greetings, After a one year break in Fligt simming I have a Desktop that no longer recognizes CH Eclipse as a controler. I fear that I have tried to set it up in the Windows 7 Controler set up instead of the CH Control Manager. According to the CH docs that can create issues.

However; I can not find any info on how to recover from using the Windows Control manager. I will try to get CH on the phone later but thought I would ask the "guys and gals" here if they have had a simular issue.

My laptop is working greatWith the CH Eclipse so I know it is not Eclipse hardware related. The only thing that Win 7 recognizes is Mouse control. Oh, and yes I have tried several USB ports with the same results.

Thanks for any help.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, Processor: Intel (8) Core i7-3610QM CPU 2.30 GHz, Ram 6.00GB

64bit, Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1, Intel HD Graphics 400

Well I could but it has been quite a while and I have installed a number of non airplane software items. Would rather not take that route if it can be avoided. But thanks for the reply.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, Processor: Intel (8) Core i7-3610QM CPU 2.30 GHz, Ram 6.00GB

Yes you may be right, although I am using CH Control Manager fine on my Laptop and it is much easier (usually) than the windows interface for the number of buttons I asign. This is only on the Desktop.

Thanks for the input and you may be right Uggg!

OK so in case someone reads this at a later date: Problem has been resolved.

Here is what I did:

Disconnect the Eclipse from your computer

Uninstalled CH Comand Center ( do not just delete files as the Windows Registery will still have calls that it can not find! )

Totally shut down the computer (not a Reboot)

Start the computer and install CH Command Center.

Attache the CH Eclipse to a primary USB port and wait for Windows to install the four (4) usb drivers.

This may take a few minutes - do not hurry - wait for the acknowlege that the drivers are installed.

Restart the computer with the Eclipse attached

Go to the Windows Control Panel/Devices and check that CH Eclipse is working.

Now start the CH Control Manager then go to the "Add Map" button and choose a .MAP file to load.

From there you can follow the CH Control Manager Help files to "Calibrate" and all should be good to go.

PLEASE NOTE: It seems to be important to totally close down the PC and restart after each major step.???

Hope this helps - if not - post me a note and I'll see what I can do to help further.

Archived