Steep Take-off

beroun

Hi Gents,

have another one.

Few aircraft (Project Airbus mainly) take off too rapidly. Just after gently pulling on the yoke at V2(or gently tapping #2 numerical pad) the aircraft goes into extremely steep climb and the yoke needs to be pushed forward for a while to get to reasonable VSI.

This sometimes causes rapid loss of altitude. You help me a LOT to correct the Steep descent (Many! Thanks again). Any chance to help me with this take off problem.

Many thanks for any advise.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

It appears you may be pulling too far on the yoke. Part of piloting a jet airliner is to pull the exact amount needed and no more. This does vary with the aircraft, so you may need a bit of retraining when transitioning to this aircraft before you get it right each time. Keep in mind that the aircraft should NOT rotate at V2, but should wait until rotation speed (Vr). So be patient, don't pull back any further until after Vr.

Another thing you could do is wait a moment before pulling on the yoke (waiting closer to Vr) and then pull - the rotation should start almost immediately and might be easier to control.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

You might have overdone the flap pitch change for correcting the glide slope - I presume you are taking off with a bit of flap?

As well as checking the elevator trim, you should also check your C of G position - passengers, fuel, baggage.

Keith

Thanks Gents,

you are all right. I tend to switch the aircraft too much. Bit enthusiastic about all the types available, I guess. Will play with the flap pitch scalar and lift scalar, which seems to do the miracles and fine-tune each aircraft. In either case will probably limit my hangar to stick to few aircraft only.

Cheers and MANY thanks for all your responses.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived