How do I hook my desktop to my HDTV

harryiii

Hi, I am getting back into my FXS after a 5 year hiatus.. I have everything on my desktop from previously and it worked fine. I'm setting it up again and would like to hook it up to my HDTV. Is there a special cable or connector? If so, where can I find it. I do appreciate your assistance in this. I feel like a newbie again. Thanks!!

So much depends on the TV you have and on the computer/video card(s) you have, since HDMI, component, S-Video and composite are all connection types that have been available on computers and TVs over the last several years. You'll need the physical connection (probably one of the above), with cable(s), and you'll need the configuration software for your video card (probably already in your system.

Without knowing anything about the TV or about your computer/video card, I can't help much more.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

look a what computer-type plug can fit in the back of the tv.

Mine has only a VGA or HDMI port I think.

VGA does not transmit sound, so you would ave to hear that via your PC speakers, or use a separate audio cable from pc to tv.

With HDM you do have sound.

Resolution on tv's is much much lower then on pc monitors. Even though size of tv is much larger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived