Is it possible to shift an airfields position?

autosetup

So, for anybody whose interested in the OP original question.

Today I managed to recreate the Hope Airpark, in its correct position and obliterate the original incorrect airfield position. I didn't use the manual as it it is written in the wrong language for me, but video tutorials were very helpful. A few touch and goes with the 737, showed this to be a more realistic approach to the airport than the default version, to comply with historic fact.

Interesting! Any relation to this Hope Airpark in the File Library?

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark

[ Download | View ]

Name: cyhe-1.zip

Size: 195,872 Date: 03-20-2009 Downloads: 1,130

cyhe-1.gif

FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark (CYHE), Hope, British Columbia, Canada. By Daniel Louvet.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Interesting! Any relation to this Hope Airpark in the File Library?

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark

[ Download | View ]

Name: cyhe-1.zip

Size: 195,872 Date: 03-20-2009 Downloads: 1,130

cyhe-1.gif

FSX Scenery--Hope Regional Airpark (CYHE), Hope, British Columbia, Canada. By Daniel Louvet.

that's the file I've been using and have done about 30 landings with the 737 on it.

2017-10-9_16-23-18-524.jpg

But it is based on the default airport, which is out of position, so I am in the process of re-positioning it, by learning how to use ADE, which is going very well.

Hi,

Being somewhat overwhelmed by the erudition inherent in the replies you've received thus far I've been a bit hesitant to post but here goes. Relative to what is the existing airport incorrectly located?

Jim F.

I've used Skyvector and Google to locate the airport in is exact position.

This puts it about 4000' to the West of the original default and now fits in with the local roads, Flood Hope RD. Trans Canada Highway and Frazer River.

This means that the 737 can now be landed in a more realistic manner and light aircraft can do the correct left hand circuit onto runway 07.

This paste from my gallery image, will explain the reason why I'm doing it.

In 1972, Boeing held a demonstration, to show their 737 capability, by landing on a grass runway in BC Canada. Landings were made on 25 and take off was on 07 and several runs were made on dry and wet grass.The runway had to be regraded at Boeing expense, but the trials were a success. I don't know the exact approach route, so I have been trying different possibilities, but short final was over the house, seen on the right of the picture. Good exercise for hand flying the 737.

I've made a video using the default airport, to show the problem.

It also fits in with the 1st forum sticky.

2017-10-14_11-24-36-119.jpg

The story so far.

The new Hope Airpark is now inch perfect in its new location (far distance).

I've left the original default, partially uncovered and with its buildings, to show its original location in the foreground.

All that remains now, is to cover it completely and remove the buildings. Then to add 1 more building and a perimeter road and fencing to the new airport. Then I might do some surrounding scenery changes.2017-10-14_11-28-53-556.jpgges.

You might also notice the mighty Frazer River, is completely dried up in this FSX default scenery.

New Hope,

2017-10-16_17-34-37-659.jpg

in its correct position.

Free version ADEX 175.

To answer my original question. No you can't move the default airfield, so I covered it and built a new one.

This software ran faultless and because it is so intuitive, I didn't need to use the manual to create this relatively simple grass airfield. The hardest part was covering the old one.

Finding some buildings to replace the default and some blending in and we're ready to go.

For people with ORBX, I believe it's already in its correct location.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived