IL-18 engine starting

ilovenxstage

Ok, downloaded FSX version of Ilyushin IL-18, which is probably best looking freeware model I ever seen. I've gone through the tutorial video posted on youtube which shows how to get this beast going, and I set my systems up right, but when I get to engine starting, the starter doesn't work. I push start button after selecting which engine to start, and little green light comes on indicating starter is engaged, but nothing happens. Master ignition is on, start master is on, etc. but I get nothing. Has anyone had experience with this plane in FSX?

IL18DAP13.ZIP here in the library.

Great aircraft, made one of my first repaints for it. Cyrillic gauges (!!).

Works OK in FSX, but I always started it with engines running.

Wim

May not be that one , Wim! I'm downloading an IL-18 from RIKOOO that says it's for FSX and P3D and will go from there.

Update: Looks like a real PIA! I tried flipping every switch in the VC and got nothing to show for it. TRASH CAN!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I can get the battery on and APU running, and I know where master starter switch is and I think main ignition as well. I can also get all the fuel systems running, and select engine to start, but when I hit start button, I get nothing. I certainly will not learn Russian just to fly a virtual airplane. I have enough trouble with English! If I can not figure it out, I just find another complex aircraft with controls and gauges in English (or Spanish).

Going to have to give up on this one. it frustrate me to much and is keeping me from enjoying FSX. I don't want that to happen just because of an airplane that will not work. It is a shame though, it looks like such a nice plane. The same auther did release an older IL-18, but it has prop disks that disappear in front of everything, and It has no VC which is a must for me. Oh well.

The same auther did release an older IL-18, but it has prop disks that disappear in front of everything, and It has no VC which is a must for me.

Yep, that's the one I have (the download I mentioned earlier).

Propdisks are an easy fix, and I still prefer a working 2D panel over an unfunctional VC.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Yep, that's the one I have (the download I mentioned earlier).

Propdisks are an easy fix, and I still prefer a working 2D panel over an unfunctional VC.

Wim

I do have that one as well, and I have since fixed the prop disks, and I can fly it with the 2d panel and pop ups (had to do some trial and error since I can not read Cyrillic), but I am definatly a VC pilot and I miss that. I also tried out the IL-38 (military version of IL-18) and a lot of the gauges and switches are missing, and I know I installed everything according to read me. I guess me and big Ilyushin turboprops just do not get along.

Archived