Saving Flights

bobr2

Hi bobr,

If you'd like to save the flight and then continue that flight the next time you start FSX check the Set as default flight box.

Jim F.

Why do that? Just hit the LOAD button and select the saved flight. I have a "saved flight that I haven't finished yet. I'm at cruise altitude with about 2 hrs left before landing at my destination. I may finish it tomorrow.

Start FSX and hit LOAD.

Load.JPG

Now choose the flight you want to continue with and hit Fly Now.

saved flight.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi zip,

No problem doing that but in the initial post he said he wanted FSX to "open to the saved flight".

A while back I was doing cross country flying and after landing at an airport and after shutting down I'd save the flight under the same title with it set as default. The next time I'd fly I would first check the time and weather and choose my next destination and an aircraft the seemed appropriate and start cold and dark from the same parking spot. I thought perhaps that bobr was doing something similar.

Jim F.

Hi zip,

No problem doing that but in the initial post he said he wanted FSX to "open to the saved flight".

A while back I was doing cross country flying and after landing at an airport and after shutting down I'd save the flight under the same title with it set as default. The next time I'd fly I would first check the time and weather and choose my next destination and an aircraft the seemed appropriate and start cold and dark from the same parking spot. I thought perhaps that bobr was doing something similar.

Jim F.

OK, gotcha! I was hoping to save him some possible grief from constantly changing his default flight.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi bob,

How are you exiting FSX? When FSX is in the process of shutting down the default flight is written to FSX.cfg. If you check the [uSERINTERFACE] section the default flight will be found after "SITUATION=...."

If you shut down the computer without exiting FSX properly the file will not be updated. I can't think of anything else that would cause the problem.

Jim F.

Whether you are 'Up In The Air' (like Zip (pun intended (hehe)) or on the ground 'Cold and Dark' like JandJ (sorry Jim - no offense (hehe)) the KEY is to check box that is next to 'Save as Default' -AND- must exit FSX (for it to be saved). On starting FSX, and click on 'Fly Now' that saved flight will be loaded.

But the sim works best when the 'default flight' aircraft is the FSX C-172 as this will set up some parameters that do not get 'initialized' when the 'default' aircraft is a 3rd party model. So it's best to ALWAYS make the 'C172' the 'default flight'. Then change aircraft and set up (time, weather,airport, etc) and save as 'flight' you can load anytime AFTER FSX starts up with the C172 (as default flight).

So to get to this 'saved' flight you go to Menu (Flight>Load). In 'Category' your saved flights will be in 'My Saved Flights' (dah!). Click on NAME of flight, then click 'Fly Now'. It don't matter if your flight is now the C172 - when you choose a flight you also choose what airplane (it can be 3rd party, etc) will be loaded by FSX as it's part of that 'saved' flight. Ha!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived