VAS mystery

Hansonius

Hi,

The problem/question: WHY DOES MY NEW PC USE 650/1100 MB MORE VAS THAN MY OLD PC UNDER EXACTLY THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES????

I use both pc's in a network, the old serverpc is replaced by a new one. FSX Gold Edition is on both of them. See attachments for specifications of the pc's and settings.

As I did run in VAS/OOM problems over NL2000/Eham on my new pc, and that never happened on my old one ,I started testing.

On both pc's the settings/aircraft/airport/scenery are exactly the same. I tested on EHAM (NL2000), Auckland (ORBX) and Bristol (ORBX).

There were two versions of NL2000 involved 4.07 and 4.09 but the testresults were the same with both versions, so it wasn't an NL2000 problem.

As you can see in my att. "VAS mystery3"on EHAM my new pc used 1GB! more VAS than the old one. For Bristol it was 900MB and for Auckland (not in the attachment) it was 650 MB.

Does anyone have a clue how this can happen and how to solve this.

Hans

VAS mystery 1.JPG

VAS mystery2.JPG

VAS Myustery3.JPG

BTW, you state the settings are exactly the same on both PCs, I see a few differences.

Are they enough to justify the VAS difference? I do not know.

My point is, any difference in settings (including FSX.cfg tweaks that do not show in the settings) ruins the validity of the comparison.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived