HS748 issue

ilovenxstage

I've been working with FS9 748 converted to fsx. Very complex aircraft! Well I have run down my batteries, and I can not thing of any way to charge. I try resetting the aircraft, starting with a default aircraft and switching to 748, even resetting whole simulator! Still when I load 748, most systems are already on, and my batteries are dead. Even with the external power, I do not have enough power to run the engines or other systems in aeroplane. External power only works when you have a certain amount of output from the batteries. Here I have an absolutely beautiful aircraft, but I can not fly it. Probably something really simple, but I jus can not figure it out.

Oh, yes. I should have specified that.

It definitely helps! Now back to your problem, you say your battery runs down? Are you not able to at least start the left engine and have the generator/alternator running to keep the battery up to voltage?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Was messing with it some more, and the battery is not actually run down, just really close. I turn on both batteries, and ground power unit, and electrical power does actually come up. But no power seems to go through three electrical bus bars coming from both batteries and gpu. Although there should be power being generated, the inverters will not come on and indicators showing status of those three bus bars indicate off, so inverters (and the rest of aircraft) don't seem to be getting any power, even though the 28VDC panel is indicating power is available. In other words, it seems like a glitch, or a very ignorant pilot. (I hope I made at least some sense with describing all that)

In Sim you can have unlimited fuel. And unlimited batterys. 'Realists' don't use or like others that do this. And modelers don't know zip about 'systems'. They use default stuff in their aircraft cfg. They don't know if there is a difference in FS9 and FSX for some things. The (Electircal) section is one of these 'systems' they don't bother with. So you can 'take charge' and add a complete (Electrical) section to your cfg. See below.

The line 'electric_always_available=1' prevents your batterys from ever going 'dead'. It's cheating but hey...(sim) life is too short to be messing with dead batterys.

Chuck B

Napamule

[electrical]

max_battery_voltage = 24.0

generator_alternator_voltage = 28.5

max_generator_alternator_amps = 150

electric_always_available = 1

flap_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0

gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0

autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0

avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17.0

avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0

pitot_heat = 4, 2 , 17.0

additional_system = 0, 20, 17.0

marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0

gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0

fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0

starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0

starter2 = 0, 20, 17.0

light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0

light_cabin = 0, 5 , 17.0

hydraulic_pump = 0, 2 , 17.0

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

thank you napamule2 for tip on changing .cfg file. No more run down batteries. Even though the power is clearly there (both batteries plus ground power unit), but it doesn't seem to be going any where. MY inverters have no power, so most of my gauges do not work, and most importantly my fuel pumps and engine starters are just as dead as if the airplane were 100 per cent shut down. I can start engines with Ctrl-E, but since the inverters are still not getting any power, I can fly, but I am flying blind wit so many instruments not working My attitude indicator and my altimeter don't even work!

I try setting default flight with default king air (cold and dark). NADA! No change at all. This darn plane just wont work for me! I downloaded a turboprop Convair 580 to satisfy my my vintage twin turboprop airliner fix, but I don't care fro the VC in it. I just with I knew wat is wrong!

If you don't have a 2D, for example, you should go to VC view at least once so the gauges can be 'activated'. And you can use Key Commands. Your carb heat/anti ice is 'H'. Your Magnetos is 'M'. Your Master Battery / Alternator is 'Shift+M'.

My final observation is: The HS748 is FOR FS2004 ONLY. So there you go.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

My final observation is: The HS748 is FOR FS2004 ONLY. So there you go.

Chuck B

Napamule

It works fine in FSX. Once I finally got both engines running, alternators and generators on, all instruments functioned as expected.

I installed it into FSX Accel and used the FSX King Air 350 panel. Works good. Flys excellent. I had a short flight but it's evident it's almost payware quality. No glitches. Made a video and will post link here in about an hour.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Took longer than I thought but the video is over at the MSFS Video Forum.

Well, I would be doing my happy dance if I wasn't stuck in wheelchair. I was reading review for this plane. The guy was using it in FSX and was having same problem as me. He learned a VERY simple fix to get the electrics working right. Simply go to the 2d panel, then after a second or two, go back to VC, and every thing works! I tried that, started the engines like normal and enjoyed a very plleasent flight with all my systems and instruments working fine! Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.

I just realized that out of habit I ALWAYS go to 2D panel, then VC panel, then back to Locked Spot view even tho I load and fly in Locked Spot view. Ha! ALWAYS. So without knowing it I 'escaped' all of that. Who knew! Glad you are flying the HS748. Did you watch my video?

Chuck B

Napamule

I just realized that out of habit I ALWAYS go to 2D panel, then VC panel, then back to Locked Spot view even tho I load and fly in Locked Spot view. Ha! ALWAYS.

Napamule

I suppose you drive your car by standing on the rear bumper! Oh, lordy!:rolleyes:

Archived