World of AI... Will it work with windows 10?

aisen

Hello everybody,

Recently, (and finally) I upgraded my computer to a much more modern configuration. I had to re-install FSX, but read that WOAI wouldn't work in a Windows 10 enviroment. Is this true? I really miss the airline traffic I use to see. Is it possible to make it work?.

BUT - you will have to convert the traffic files to FSX format using AIFP, as the WOAI installer produces the files in FS9 format.

Jorgen

+1 but ONLY if you plan on keeping the default AI traffic (World Travel, Orbit, etc) or plan on combining it with a payware AI program that uses FSX format for it's flight plans. I have never converted my flight plans and have plenty of traffic at airports and in the sky. I have, on rare occasions, had a World Travel or Orbit Airlines show up when needed to fill in where WOAI didn't have a flight plan.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

MrZippy, have I misunderstood you when you said you have never converted your flight plans?

I was under the impression any FS9 format plans killed off any FSX, I have Ship Traffic plus Airline Traffic installed and I recently converted some FS9 plans in fear they would kill off the FSX.

So have you got FS9 format plans as well as FSX installed and they both coinside?

mrzippy,

converting does more then making compatible with default traffic.

converting also makes sure aircraft travel to th correct airport coordinates, and not to where fs9 had the airport positioned.

it fixs speed errors as well. so aircraft can actually arrive on time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MrZippy, have I misunderstood you when you said you have never converted your flight plans?

I was under the impression any FS9 format plans killed off any FSX, I have Ship Traffic plus Airline Traffic installed and I recently converted some FS9 plans in fear they would kill off the FSX.

So have you got FS9 format plans as well as FSX installed and they both coinside?

I have all ship traffic with no problems. I just keep it fairly low due to my system specs.

The only FSX traffic files in my Scenery/World/Scenery folder is the original trafficAirline.bgl.

il, I never keep a stopwatch on any AI flights that are taking off or landing. That has never been a critical part of my Sim. All AI have no difficulty finding my airports (default or addon) and always seem to hit the runway.

The thing is, if there is one or more FS9 traffic files in a FSX installation, only those will be shown, the FSX files will become invisible. If you convert the FS9 files to FSX, everything will show up.

Jorgen

Absolutely true! I was going by my situation with only default traffic working and then installing WOAI. I was happy to lose World Travel, Orbit, Pacifica, etc from showing up at my airports. I also have no intentions of using another AI program so no worry of mixing and matching.;)

MrZippy, sorry to harp on about this, so if you have just FSX flight plans in Scenery/World/ Scenery then where are your other plans?

The reason I ask is I might try your method and keep (MY) plans separate.

All Flight plans for AI are in my FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. Nowhere else.

I have all ship traffic with no problems.

No you don't. The ships you possibly see are "leisure boats", which is basically some sort of autogen like road traffic.

No way you can see any of the truly "scheduled" ships and ferries with FS9 traffic bgls active.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I use AIFP2 to convert any FS9 plans to FSX, but on some cases it doesn't work, I have found it a bit hit and miss.

I do or take an FS9 plan convert to FSX, it goes in the World/Scenery folder with a FSX extension, but some show up some don't, why I don't know.

Now if I write a plan using AIFP with the same aircraft that shows up, so thus proving that the converter doesn't always work, at least for me it doesn't.

@Asien,

FSX default traffic file is in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder the original traffic.bgl. You could disabel this file and You avoid the FSX default traffic.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

+1 on that, yes just rename it with a .BAK extension.

This puzzles me how MrZippy still gets the odd default aircraft flying when he has used WOAI, because surely those plans would disable the default traffic, this is why I was asking him what his method was.

instal woai,

convert the woa_ traffic.bgl files from WOAI from FS9 to FSX type.

remove the old FS9 versions of the plans from the FSX folder.

disable the default traffic by renaming:

Trafficaircraft.bgl

to

Trafficaircraft.bgl.bak

done.

Later install more WOAI,

convert the new plans.

Take the FS9 versions out after converting.

(Exactly the same as in Windows7, 8, XP, etc.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes but MrZippy said above he hasn't done any converting and still gets some default traffic.

Only on 2 rare occasions did that occur! Once on a flight out of Okinawa to Guam. The other time on a flight from Cuba to St. Maartens. It was only one aircraft each time.

...this would be a miracle!

I had only one unconverted fs9.bgl file and the nearby airports are empty! After converting there are plenty of ai-aircrafts.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

adding:

Other option

install WOAI,

leave the woai plans as FS9 type. no conversion.

You will not see the default aircraft carriers and other large ships.

You will see aircraft crashing (landing and disappearing) in the middle of nowhere.

Some aircraft wont land from the previous flight, but just appear at a gate for the next takeoff.

You can fix the last two problems by opening the flightplanes in AIFP anyway,

using menu: "Flight Plans---Convert Airports To FSX"

and: "Flight Plans---Adjust Day Encoding"

Then compiling the flightplans for FS9

And removing the old plans.

---

All in all, it's way easier to convert them to FSX right away. That fixes all three issues, automatically.

AIFP3 is up to version by the way. Has been for a while.

---

have fin aisen.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived