A couple of questions from a real Newb.

Don Ho

With the cost of FSX on Steam, I couldn't pass up the sim. I am new to flight Sim and enjoying it but I have a couple of questions:

1. I have a button box that I am bringing over from my racing sim and I have it working, but have no idea on what to set the buttons to. Cant seem to find a guide that would help a newb out.

2. I would like to move up to flying F-4's but I cant seem to find a add-on for F-4's.

3. I would like to get to flying in the virtual world, but I realize I have a lot to learn, but cant seem to find a lesson plan/guide.

There is alot of information on this site, but I tend to get lost trying to find the answers to the questions that I have.

I am currently running the missions, but enjoy the free-flight usually in a 172 as I am somewhat familiar with the plane.

Thanks

Don "Ho"

Did the "Steam" edition leave out the entire Learning Center? That would be my recomendation for learning the Ups and Downs (excuse the pun) of flying. Have you checked the File Library on this site for an F-4? If noe here, then Google Search FSX F-4 Phantom.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

mrzippy,

"Steam" did not leave out the learning Center, lol I have looked at it and will look again, but subjects like reading and understanding the maps, how to properly join a flight pattern, etc..., did not jump out and catch my attention. I will go back and look again.

I have just discovered how to load other aircraft and will attempt to look for an f-4.

Don "Ho"

This is another place to learn about Navigating the skies:

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

If you Google "f-4 phantom for FSX", you will find Links to grab the Phabulous Phantom.

:pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

When you launch FSX:SE you should have an option to select missions. Follow the missions 1 - whatever number it ends at. This will take you from the basics of getting a powered hang glider off the ground through navigating with jets. From there it is all about the adventure.
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg

Archived