Paratroopers

stretch

Hey Mr. Zippy, yes it is unchecked.

Not sure what is causing this.

I'll try a few things then check back in with you.

Thank you for your reply :)

See if you can capture a screenshot of what you see. Make sure that you have fx_c47para1.bmp, fx_para2.bmp, plus 3 paraUK.bmp in your FSX/Effects/Texture folder

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sounds like a missing texture. Open the model in notepad by double left clicking on the model file, wait for it to show the data & scroll down to the list of texture names that the model has been assigned & check whether they match what's in the aircraft texture folder.

Hey Mr. Zippy..the only fx file I have is fx_c47parajump.fx in the effects folder.

I seem to be missing a couple.

Standing by.....Sir!

Now check the Texture folder inside of the Effects folder for those .BMP files I listed.

The only associated texture file in that folder is fx_para.bmp

I've checked the files I downloaded to make sure I did not miss anything.

Stumped!

I just checked the C-47 V.3 download and there is a texture folder with these 2 texture.bmp to add to your Effects/Texture folder.

I'll try a screenshot of what it should look like after I get back from breakfast.

C47.JPG

The file I downloaded is: Douglas_c-47_v3_12_Beta.zip

Looks like the version I have does not contain the files I need.

I appreciate the help but don't waste all your time on this Mr. Zippy.

OK, the updated version is douglas_c-47_beta_v3_1405.zip This has the textures you need.

FSX - FSX Warbirds FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta

[ Download | View ]

Name: douglas_c-47_beta_v3_1405.zip

Size: 186,946,207 Date: 02-22-2017 Downloads: 1,139

douglas_c-47_beta_v3_14052.gif

douglas_c-47_beta_v3_1405.gif

FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta. The now implemented VVC night lighting is the main feature of this v3.14 update but it certainly is not the only new feature. The Interactive Checklist has been significantly upgraded, 'Automixture' can now be activated, the flight dynamics have been fine-tuned, alternative config files have been provided for joystick or pedal control of ground steering, and there is a set of working OMI marker lights. Further modifications and corrections have been implemented following feedback including new VOR1/2 compass roses, better placement of AH markers and various texture corrections/additions here and there. Also features an interchangeable photo or picture that can be clipped on the left side of the Captain's panel.

sigpic581464_4.gif Mr Zippy Sent from

Hi,

I saw the reference to the new version in this post so I downloaded and installed it. In the aircraft.cfg the description for the Paratrooper version says "Overhead panel has red/green light instead of Seatbelt/No smoking Sign". The model and panel references are the same for both versions. Seems there's something wrong but rather than scan through multiple posts at SOH I'm asking here if anyone knows anything about this.

I also noticed that the engine start checklist has a "#2" at the bottom but it seems entire of itself. And it's very odd that the first cockpit camera definition allows you to see the left prop rotation to count the blades prior to ignition but it's the thirteenth camera that allows you to do the same for the right engine. Go figure.

Jim F.

Hi,

I previously expressed a couple of my concerns in this thread and am posting my findings. Regarding the checklist numbering there are unmarked click points at the right and left page bottoms to go forward or back . The problem I had with switch marking was likely do to a relatively common FSX problem of textures not updating when different versions of the aircraft are selected. I couldn't locate the different textures as I was only checking the panel folder; the normal location of cockpit textures. It turns out that the differences are in the paratrooper texture folder and these overwrite those in default texture folder. Still don't understand the camera order but believe I'm meant to rely on the first officer audio prompts regarding turning props.

There's an extremely well done and complete Monitor panel that pretty much allows you to check the status of just about everything but I wanted to be able to not rely on it as it doesn't exist in the real world. I could initiate the command to open the paratrooper door but there was no cockpit indication of the door status. Now, it's simple enough to go to spot view but who needs simple? Anyway, I'm not a big fan of outside cameras that show various external views so I decided to move one of the cameras inside the aircraft looking at the door. Here the result:

2017-8-6_12-37-24-478.jpg

And while still on the ground with the door open:

2017-8-6_12-38-4-360.jpg

While approaching the drop zone:

2017-8-6_12-20-14-917.jpg

I have another view leaning out the door to watch the paratroopers descend but didn't take a picture of it.

Jim F.

If the para textures are in a separate folder there is probably a 'alias=' line referring to that folder in each texture.cfg file.

I never saw vc or similar textures in a panel folder.

(just so you know, I don't have this plane myself.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi il88,

When I saw the second line of your post I started thinking "What the .." and before I could even complete the thought I realized I was thinking of the 2D bmps. As kind of an excuse for my confusion let me explain. This plane is extremely well done and often they've done things that are similar but slightly different from the norm and actually more rational. In this plane there are three texture folders; the paratrooper version which has a texture.cfg with fallbacks to both this plane's main texture folder and the non-paratrooper version, the non-paratrooper version with a texture.cfg with fallbacks to this planes main texture folder as well as the Texture folder in the main FSX folder and the ...Global Texture folder, and finally this planes texture folder with no texture.cfg (no fallbacks).

I'm so used to the generic texture.cfg which can be used in either the plane's main texture folder or any additional folders. In either case there are references to non-existent locations.

I completely missed that I was confusing the file location differences of the 2D and VC texture locations by the time I figured out what was going on. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Jim

Archived