Some love for the A2A Cherokee: La Push to Cape Flattery

Hi guys,

I haven't done this in a while but I thought I'd drop a humble contribution.

Scenery: Orbx Global

Aircraft: A2A Piper Cherokee 180; N9630J.

lap1.jpg

Parked at the Quillayute airfield. Weather is marginal but decent enough for the area.

lap2.jpg

Quillayute reservation. No humongous wolves in sight. :rolleyes:

lap3.jpg

La Push.

lap4.jpg

lap5.jpg

Heading north along the coast. Weather was fairly consistent; the cloud deck varied from 1,500 to 2,200' above sea level.

lap6.jpg

lap7.jpg

Coast Guard lighthouse and weather observatory. Cape Flattery.

lap8.jpg

And a quick overflight of Cape Flattery itself; the de facto westernmost point in the contiguous United States.

Uich gwennen na'wanath ah na dhin,

an uich gwennen na ringyrn ambar hen.

GREAT!! Hope so see a lot more from you!;)

Michael

MICHAEL! \o/

Glad you liked 'em. And yes, I've been binging on this particular aircraft plenty. There's more where that came from. :D

Forget His Highness, he likes anything with water. You would have been knighted if you had set that beautiful little Cherokee down in the water. Nice shots all, good story... thanks for sharing!

You would have been knighted if you had set that beautiful little Cherokee down in the water.

Damn, I knew I missed a step somewhere. Oh well. As old Rodney used to say, "I don't get no respect!" ;)

Very nicely done indeed! :) I like the paint, I think Ron Atwood did that one if i'm not mistaken.

Thank you, Adam! This paint has actually grown on me quite a bit. :) At first I tried swapping the interior for A2A's vcgrey interior but I decided the original muted goldenrod/black combo was a better aesthetic fit.

Incidentally, while Ron Atwood is definitely an upstanding guy, credit for this particular repaint goes to Wayne Sinker (a2a_pa28_n9630j.zip in the file library here). I also note that in the installation package there's three screenshots of the finished work -- I know for a fact the second screenshot in that package WILL get His Highness in a tizzy because the shot is over water. ;)

Archived