Smooooth Operator

Yes, he's a smooooth operator...

Little bit of supplies of for the little boat, courtesy the Big boat's Logistics department, and the Wing, naturally...

ScreenHunter_2732 Jul. 05 13.22_A.jpg

Almoooost there. Think there's ice cream in this load somewhere, lucky devils...

ScreenHunter_2733 Jul. 05 13.2_A4.jpg

Well, it's down. Not easy underway! Especially on a destroyer. Dinky little critters :rolleyes:

ScreenHunter_2736 Jul. 05 13.25_A.jpg

I had to be a smooooth operator to do this! Now I have that friggen song stuck in my head :p

Oh well, back to the carrier for a slider and a short nap, next mission's tonight. Never a dull moment.

Maybe we can get some liberty in Pearl. Sun, sand, Hula dancers, and drinks with little umbrellas in them :cool:

Thanks for looking, all! Hope you enjoy my little tale.

No, I won't break my arm patting myself on the back, either... :pilot:

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Our next mission is delivery of a fuel bladder to a tanker just off-shore.

Who woulda thunk an oil tanker would run outta gas for their own chopper?

Well, anyway, they actually pay me to do this. How lucky can a guy get??

Speeds matched, now just to sliiiide on over. Smoooooothly!

ScreenHunter_2738 Jul. 06 13.09_A.jpg

Thank goodness for a great crew chief! He's talked us right over the boat. Now just for'ard a little...

Crazy son-uv-a-gun. He doesn't like to look out the usual places. He got Paraloft to rig him up a special harness, so he can hang out the ramp. He's good, though, so we let it slide.

ScreenHunter_2740 Jul. 06 13.13_A.jpg

There go, the load's down-n-safe. Now maybe we get to a reasonable mission. Like delivering more ice cream to the sailors who REALLY deserve a treat :p

ScreenHunter_2742 Jul. 06 13.14_A.jpg

Now THIS is more reasonable. A variety of ice cream for a Cruiser, that departed earlier.

The Captain promised it to them if they got her underway on time. They beat it by 10 min, so he bought a load with his own money.

I have no idea how he got the Wing to assign me, but he told me over the radio that we were suddenly going to develop engine trouble when we got the load to him.

Hmmmm...I wonder how fast they can green the helideck so we can set 'er down.

Can't let all that ice cream go to waste. Unless it's my waist, after all...:rolleyes:

ScreenHunter_2743 Jul. 06 13.3_A1.jpg

Sorry I'm no fancy photo editor, but I hope you all enjoy the pictures anyway. :D

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That's some impressive hardware you're sporting. And impressing flying!

I won't even begin to try an get my head around rotating pods and the effects on flight. Not a plane I'd get into. But it does look great!

So do your screnies btw, something has mighty improved. Tomorrow I'll skip through your recent threads to figure out what.:D:)

Good times mate,

il.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah - the good ole days have passed! Used to be that priorities, usually in order, were mail sacks, new movie reels, ice cream, fresh milk, maybe the Chaplain from the CV and perhaps a crewmember back from emergency leave.

Times do change --

Not too much! I recall once a month in the late 60's while flying 46S, we delivered a pallet of ice cream and other goodies our guys usually couldn't get. Plus a pallet of LP tanks for the poor dozen or so zoomies who lived on top of the Rock Pile. The LP tanks were their highest priority! Have to keep the Air Conditioners going in their "Pods"!!

Our guys lived in the swamps but we took those folks LP Gas to power their A/C units and automatic clothes washer. Not to mention their water heater and water pressure pump which we didn't have either.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived