Activating Arrestor Cables in Free Flight Mode

jwlast

When using the free flight mode with the Acceleration Pack installed, it there a way to activate the carrier arrestor cables? I am flying clean 3 wire approaches with the Sea Hornet, tail hook extended, and coming up empty everytime (thank goodness this model has excellent go around capability). :pilot:

Any thoughts?

TIA

cable.jpg

Hey, don't discount the possibility.......

Sorry, discount already taken!

I don't have Acceleration, but use Ai carriers flying an F-14 and an S-2 using the various carriers in the package and never had to activate the arresting cables. I normally choose the carrier and make sure it's setup for Recovery mode.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Jwlast, I've never heard of the wires having to be 'activated', they're always there and working as far as I know, and i've never heard of 'Recovery mode'.

Perhaps the Sea Hornet hook is just non-functioning eye candy?

Does your stock F/A-18's hook engage the wires ok?

And which stock FSX carrier are you using? There's a static one just offshore of the Golden Gate, and several moving ones that steam on set courses.

PS- some carrier wires graphics look like semi-abstracted 2D lines drawn on the deck but don't let that put you off, they should still work.

FSX CARRIERS THREAD- https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?249165-fsx-acceleration-aircraft-carriers-aren-t-working&highlight=carriers

Archived