Desktop

Squatch

Hey y'all,

I wanted to ask. I'm planning on getting a desktop finally to do FSX and some other flight sims on. Specifically for FSX would this build work?

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-G11CD-Performance-Gaming-Desktop/dp/B07119VGC3/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1496089052&sr=1-24&keywords=gaming+desktop+intel&refinements=p_n_graphics_type_browse-bin%3A14292273011

If my system will work, I see no reason that one won't! Don't expect anything glorious from it! Just keep in mind that FSX feels the need....the need for speed from the CPU.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If my system will work, I see no reason that one won't! Don't expect anything glorious from it! Just keep in mind that FSX feels the need....the need for speed from the CPU.

You must've heard about Top Gun 2 happening... lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

My advise: throw another 100 at it for a 3,4 or 4,2 GHz processor to do it right on this rig. Graph card is ok-ish.

Difference between this systems 2,7 GHz CPU and one with a 3,7 or 4,2 CPU will be resp. 10, 15 and 20 fps on heavy sceneries when you run all sliders medium. I think with all sliders down you'll run 10 frames more on standard scenery. It'll work but there's no space for eyecandy.

Grtz., Hans

Marginal (for FSX). Get an i7 (you will thank me later). Oculus Rift? Is ok for 'Word Processing' but not FSX.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

The rig will work, and I agree with the others who recommend the i7 3.4ghz processor. I have a HP laptop with a 5th gen i3 1.9ghz processor and I normally get around 20-30fps. That being said if I had had the money I would have gotten the i5 or i7 (preferred choice). I do have 8gb ram and that helps.

Happy:pilot:Flyin

ad

Archived