Flight Sim World - Trailer Breakdown and what we know

First of all I am NOT paying for another Simulator. I already have FSX Acceleration and Steam.

Second of all I can go anywhere in the 'World' in FSX Accel. Can I do that in FSW? Or am I limited to flying around Seatlle area? So WHY is it then called 'FS WORLD'? Don't make sense to me.

Third of all I understand FSW will be GA only. That's 'OK' as I only fly GA and vehicles. So will I be able to 'fly' my Porsche 911 in FSW? If the answer is 'NO' then it's 'Let's Not Disgust It' and good riddance.

Oh, and clicking on 'bait' links is 'optional' so why the beef? Curiousity killed the cat. I doubt if you will be watching anything more than 'wing view landing' type content.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

That would be great but a heck of a lot of ORBX scenery..

It seems to be the same scenery that we already know from FlightSchool. FSX default with ORBX FTX Global. Plus the FDE garnished with A2A's AccuFeel. Which, by the way, is not AccuSim, their premium aircraft enhancement that they only implement for their own produts.

How 'bout this? Just for once this community is patient and waits for the product to release before we start speculating about what a big turd it is. I have been flying MSFS since FS98 and I absolutely loved it...every version, but now it's just too dated. Time to move on IMO. Besides, Dovetail is giving us rain on the windshield again.....that's all I want in a sim lol.

Yes they are saying that it is an early access release and to report bugs to them. They are not making the same mistake again like when they released Train Sim World and all the flack that they got for not saying it was an early access version.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus Strix GTX 960 gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD, 650 watt Corsair PSU

They are not making the same mistake again like when they released Train Sim World and all the flack that they got for not saying it was an early access version

Are Dovetail Games learning from their mistakes? Better late than never I guess. ;)

But on a serious note, hopefully, by releasing it on Early Access, it should give people at least the impression that there is still work to be done and therefore give the developers a chance. There will, however, be a backlash when those that don't do their research realise there are only 7 general aviation aircraft upon release, no jets.

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Any new sim has got to be a positive. I'll be watching this one but it will take a big step in improvements over FSX for me to change. Not only that I'll need support in terms of scenery and aircraft. So there is an element of chicken and egg (for me) before I part with FSX.

Archived