Issue with Aerosoft add on scenery

egalps

Hello everyone .I have installed on my fsx this product http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/prepar3d/sceneries/1768/skiathos-x-the-greek-st.-maarten and i have to say it s really amazing.However something disturbing happens.In this scenery only the runaway even when the aircraft is not moving flashes and changes colour really fast on some points.It s lke becoming darker or lighter gray.I tried to change the resolution the scenery settings with no result.I have also installed ftx global on my fsx.Can you help me?It s realy annoying.Thank you

Hello and welcome.

In FSX scenery library, did you put St-Maarten over(higher in priority) your FTX Global ?

Maybe just an overlap problem with them.

A friend, using Aerosoft sceneries, just told me that Aerosoft is a little like ORBX FTX.

If you are on DX10, you almost "need" Steve's DXfixer to fix some display bugs like that.

I'm a big addict of ORBX and I needed to get DXfixer to cure some glitches on DX10.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Thank you both for your replies.Daniel-T my add on scenery is on the top of the scenery library on my fsx,so it can t be that.I downloaded dxfixer but i don t know which option can fix the problem.I m reading the manual right now .Any help would be appreciated.Ill88.pp i disabled dx10 from fsx using the fixer but the problem remains.Thank you both for your help.I really appreciate

Hello there, I suggest to take a look at this:https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/452384-dx10-and-aerosoft-sceneries/

It's a couple of years old but will show you a similar issue as you have with your Aerosoft

scenery(as well as some ORBX sceneries).

And the point of using Steve's DXfixer is to use it WITH DX10 preview active. To benefit of

the emphasis(high quality reflection, transparency, sharp shadows in cockpit, etc) ONLY

available with DX10. Of course, if you only fly airliners at 32,000 feet, it's not a mandatory

to try to get the best "eye-candy" visual of the ground sceneries... And DXfixer convert or

adapt textures to DX10 and then also correct some glitches we have with some sceneries.

Hope it will help to cure your issue.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Sorry for not getting back to you. I simply had no more suggestions to offer.

I was only occasionally posting from my phone last week, and had not clicked the link in your first post.

I wish I had. Now on pc I just clicked that, and in the "system requirements" it says:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D v1

(there's other requirements mentioned as well)

Glad to hear you found the fix!:) Happy flights!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived