Carenado Bonanza F33 Nav Lights

bcstover

I'm new to FSX-Steam have 'flown' FS9 for some time before Windows upgrades obsoleted it. I bought Carenado's nice F33 Bonanza but the navigation lights are 'funky'. You can only see them from certain directions. When you look directly at them they disappear. Also, the nav lights seem to flash like strobes should instead of burn brightly or blink uniformly. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix? Brooks Stover

If you have DX10 preview enabled then turn it off. This is a common problem with it being only a 'preview'.
PC Specs: MSI GE60 (laptop, useful for school)/ Intel I7-4710HQ @ 2.5GHz/ 8GB RAM/ 1TB HDD/ 128GB SSD/ nVidia GTX 850M/ CH Eclipse Yoke/ CH Pro Pedals/ TrackIR 5 Scenery That I Use: ORBX FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC NA, Trees HD, FreemeshX, REX Texture Direct w/ SC.

David,

Perfect! Thanks! The lights look great. If it's not too complex, exactly what is DX10 and the 'preview' feature.

Only 'new' problem is that now I see the roof red beacon also flashing in the VC. Any way to stop that?

Thanks for your great help! Much appreciated!

Brooks

David,

Perfect! Thanks!

Only 'new' problem is that now I see the roof red beacon also flashing in the VC. Any way to stop that?

Brooks

You can try finding another beacon light effect in your Effects folder. People have reported success changing it out.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks. I've tried all the beacons in the Effects folder and all do the same thing. The blinking red light is visible reflecting off the wing roots and on the panel in the VC. I used beacon, beaconb, beacon_sml, beaconcartresseis, beaconefetres and beaconh. I could see no difference in any of them. If someone has one that works, I'd be eager to learn. As always, thanks to all for the help! Brooks Stover

That's my favorite go to plane. Love it.

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Archived