What is AICARRIERS?

Stanley777

Emile,

in order to have the AIcarriers menu in-game

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197332[/ATTACH]

You need to be sure you have an appropriate entry in your exe.xml file so fsx/p3d can load it:

it should look like this with the proper path in your machine to the AICarriers program

Launch

exe.xml

False

False

AICarriers

False

False

C:\Program Files\_PNP\AIcarrier.net\AICarriers.exe

if ManualLoad is TRUE,

True

you will get a choice to load or skip each time the game starts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197333[/ATTACH]

the exe.xml is in your AppData folder with the p3d.cfg (just like fsx); edit with notepad or similar simple editor.

Hope this helps

Loyd

Hello and thanks for helping

This is my exe.xml

Launch

exe.xml

False

False

as_btstrp_config_manager

False

as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe

FSForce

false

false

C:\FSX Tools\FSForce 2\FSForce.exe

/FS

true

AICarriers

False

False

C:\FSX Tools\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe

Does the .exe must be in the Main Folder of P3D?

Thanks in advance

"

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

Does the .exe must be in the Main Folder of P3D?

For P3D, the entire AICarriers folder, created when it's installed, must be in the P3D main folder, not just the .exe file.

Example: If your P3d is located in C:\Games\P3D\... , as in that is the folder that contains all your P3D folders. ...\Add-on Scenery, ...\Simobjects etc etc., and the P3D.exe , as well as all the other files it needs to run.

Well, the AICarriers installation needs to be in the same folder. So C:\Games\P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe, C:\Games\P3D\AICarriers\conf.d\ and so on.

Having said that, you can copy your installation of AICarriers from where it is now, C:\FSX Tools\AICarriers\ , to the P3D folder if you like. That way, all the ships and formations you have set up in the AICarriers.cfg file, and the various files you have in the conf.d folder (if any), are available in P3D just the same as they are in the FSX.

You WILL have to change the pathing in the exe.xml file to reflect the new location. In our example the line in the P3D exe.xml would be C:\Games\P3D\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe .

Does that answer your question, Emile?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hello Pat,

Moving the AiCarriers folder to the LM P3D folders is one step forward BUT

I do need to start the AiCarrier.exe from that folder

to see the AI Ships in the Add-ons windows .

Is it not possible to start automatically the AI Ships?

Thanks for your help

Have a nice day.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

With the correct entry in the exe.xml, the option should appear in the add-on menu automatically, but the feature doesn't open and run until you start it and make your selections.

I'm surprised/confused about the references to the AICarrier installation location needing to be in the P3D folder: I run the carriers in FSX and P3Dv2 on Win7 installation and in P3Dv3 on Win10 installation and do NOT have the carriers installed in the sim folders and the carriers are functional on all three sims.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

With the correct entry in the exe.xml, the option should appear in the add-on menu automatically, but the feature doesn't open and run until you start it and make your selections.

Exactly. I think that P3D's EXE.XML file is just like FSX's. Just add in the AICarriers entry to it the same way you did to FSX, making certain the path is correct.

I'm surprised/confused about the references to the AICarrier installation location needing to be in the P3D folder: I run the carriers in FSX and P3Dv2 on Win7 installation and in P3Dv3 on Win10 installation and do NOT have the carriers installed in the sim folders and the carriers are functional on all three sims.

I don't have P3D, Loyd, so I'm reporting all this second hand. However, I believe that I mentioned this situation, the AIC folder placement, started occurring with P3Dv4 and later. P3Dv3 and prior versions you can have the AIC folder anywhere you like, just like with FSX. In fact, you can call it from the same folder you call it from for FSX.

Starting with P3Dv4, however, it needed to be in the P3D folder to work with the EXE.XML file. I am not sure, but I believe you can start it manually after you start the sim with P3Dv4 and later without it being in the main P3D folder, but I may be wrong on that.

If someone with a P3D version later than v4 could check it would be very helpful to this thread. IE: Put the AIC folder someplace other than the P3D root folder, then, once the sim is up and running, see if AIC can be started by clicking on it's .exe file, not using the EXE.XML file.

Does this help, all?

Anyway, have a good time!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived