FSDT KJFK & Drzewiecki Design New York

mejjo1989

Hi all,

It seems impossible for me to use the mentioned scenerys with a payware aircraft ( PMDG , Aerosoft ) I always get an out of memory error. I really want to be able to fly with both active and avoid the dreaded OOM. I have tried turning my settings down.

Does anyone know of any tips to maybe change something with Drzewiecki Design or FSDT to free up some VAS to be able to do this flight?

Thank you :)

Turning down settings in FSX doesn't necessarily give the best result.

It's possible to make changes in the config file manually, for example decreasing LOD will make a huge difference.

Did you try these manual tweaks as well? (And make sure you never open the settings menu via FSX after that or most changes made will be reset to some default (heavier) values.

What are your system specs?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Have you done any checking or Google searching on ways to increase the VAS on your computer? I have tried the demo version of Drzewiecki Design New York and it brought my system to a standstill.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Turning down settings in FSX doesn't necessarily give the best result.

It's possible to make changes in the config file manually, for example decreasing LOD will make a huge difference.

Did you try these manual tweaks as well? (And make sure you never open the settings menu via FSX after that or most changes made will be reset to some default (heavier) values.

What are your system specs?

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't tried any manual tweaks nope. This may sound silly but what is LOD? I haven't heard about decreasing that before.

I'm running i7 4790 at 4.0ghz, 16gb ram, 2gb GTX 960 card.

Have you done any checking or Google searching on ways to increase the VAS on your computer? I have tried the demo version of Drzewiecki Design New York and it brought my system to a standstill.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked Google but have found limited posts on this situation. It doesn't seem there are any tools installed with the Drzewiecki Design New York X. I did select the lite textures when installing though.

LOD is Level Of Detailradius. It impacts your VAS extremely when the scenery is heavy.

Try google or this forum for the best tweaks, there's a lot of information out there.

MrZippy usually has very good tweaking tips and is much more knowledgeable (is that even a word...?) than I am. ;-)

OoM errors can also be caused by faulty bgl files (often landclass)... Do you get an OoM when you fly with just one of the sceneries active, rather than both? If you can identify which one is causing the problems, you can move groups of bgl files into a folder (say on your desktop) until the memory leak stops. It's trial and error, narrowing it down in the end usually to one bgl file, which you then exclude permanently (or edit, if you know how to do that).

I suggest you add this to your desktop, as you will be able to see easily if the memory is draining away, rather than wait for the OoM. (Or use the Task Manager).

http://addgadgets.com/all_cpu_meter/

I've 'troubleshot' (?) this kind of thing so many times this way, I could almost do it in my sleep by now! It's quite straight forward really, but can be time consuming...

Archived