A2A Cessna 182

usb777

Maybe someone has had this happen. A couple times now and the only time in ten years my fsx program froze with the computer out of memory error. I was flying the A2A Cessna 182 which is a fairly complicated aircraft very nice but a lot in it as well as I do run my sliders maxed including the water but this hasn't happened with other aircraft even like my MAAM B25 that is a very detailed model as well anyway if anyone could shed some light other then now turning down my sliders, I know that would probably do it but the fact I haven't had the issue before. Thanks

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Deleted - changed my mind..........
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Why not turn down some sliders when using this particular aircraft and return them to your liking when using other aircraft?

I have been eyeballing this aircraft lately...since I started flying a 182N last weekend. I certainly wanted to see how close this software comes to the real deal. At a price of $60 for FSX and P3D, I'm not so sure if I want to bite.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Hi Folks,

As someone who has flown a 182 as well - few hours only - it's probably the best 182 we'll ever see in FS...

That said - some of the things I have an issue with - the takeoff is a little squirrely as my recollection has the plane far more stable on takeoff - Cessna's are known for their stability... I've had problems with the autopilot with AS16 in light gusty conditions - it starts oscillating (vertical and lateral) and the oscillations increase indefinitely until the plane falls out of the sky... Obviously I can turn the autopilot off... This only seems to happen on gusty wind days using AS16 - the A2A team attributed the issue to AS16 and the nature of rate based autopilots but I don't have problems with other aircraft using the same settings... Others have reported similar... Finally - and this seems to be apparent in all their GA offerings - maybe it's because of the external flight model - there is a lag on the throttle response that isn't there in real life... If you jam the throttle forward on a real SEL piston - the throttle response is instantaneous...

That said I have the A2A Cherokee, Skylane, and Comanche - and for SEL pistons that's all I fly... They are very enjoyable and I fully recommend them even with my aforementioned niggles...

I liked it enough to paint it twice (I'm more of a classic paint guy):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/scottb613/MISC/1_zpsne7yce77.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/scottb613/MISC/2_zpsansw7cc3.png

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Rather than contemplating why only the A2A Cessna 182 is causing the OM, you might try Google Search on how to increase your VAS on your computer.

I have thank but my question really is why does the A2A 182 give me the issue when other aircraft do not with the same settings?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I have thank but my question really is why does the A2A 182 give me the issue when other aircraft do not with the same settings?

The only answer to that is it's a more complex aircraft than the other ones that you have and will take more of your resources to run.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The only answer to that is it's a more complex aircraft than the other ones that you have and will take more of your resources to run.

I suspected as much. Thanks! It is one of the nicer models I have though I wonder if flying it in my triple monitor build has something to do with it as well. It seems to run fine on my older single monitor build fine except for of course the frame rate.

Mike G.

Archived