FSX real time weather

venomvixen

Hi

Probably a silly question but where does the real time weather in FSX get its info from.

The reason I ask is last night while the left overs from cyclone Debbie were making a nuisance

of themselves and ruining my garden I fired up FSX to go play in the ruff stuff and real time weather

swore to God it was blue skies and calm.

Bit miffed really I was looking forward to giving the big Westland a spot of bouncy bouncy :pilot:

There are times when the real weather is not updating. It wil just load weather from a previous update. It happens every so often. Maybe someone turned off the Jeppson served?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The messed up "real" weather in MSFS has been known since they came out, pretty much. You need a decent third party weathre engine. FSRealWX, ASN16 (I think it's called), something. Using the built un real weather in FSX is pretty much a hit-or-miss proposition. They might update it this week, but not next month, that kind of thing.

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived