How much trees per cell is a normal Autogen density?

realer

Hello folks,

Id like to reduce the amount of trees but not the amount of buildings. Ive found out that I can do it via the fsx.CFG file but I only know how I would like to have the amount of trees in the FSX settings but not in the fsx.CFG file. So my question is how much trees per cell is a adjustment of a "normal" Autogen density?

dMQ6z.jpg

Unbenannhht.png

Best regards,

Patrick

As you see in your screencap, 4500 us the default trees per cell, 3000 is the default houses per cell.

You can change them independently in the .cfg file.

Does this answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I have mine set fairly low and still get plenty of trees.

[TERRAIN]

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=512

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes. It means that the maximum number of XXXXXXXXX (houses/trees) the Autogen MAY place in any given cell. After that, it's up to the Autogen to determine what's "correct" for a particular cell. Obviously, there will be more trees in a forest than a desert, for example. And there will be more houses in a city, than in a farm-land, or a desert. That's for the Autogen to decide. How many of what to place in thus and such a cell, limited by the two entries in the .cfg file.

In New York city, the Autogen won't place many trees, but it will place lotsa houses. In Mr. Zippy's example, the Autogen will say to it's self, "Ok, New York City, need lotsa houses. I'll place 500 houses (buildings, sorry) in the middle of New York City. BUT, I'll only place 100 trees in between them. That's all that NEED to be there."

In this example, the MAXIMUM possible number of trees is 500, but the Autogen will only place 100, because that's all that SHOULD be there. The Max number of buildings, on the other hand, is 500, and, since it's the middle of New York City, it will PLACE 500 buildings.

In the middle of Sherwood Forest, on the other hand, it will place 500 (max number of trees) Trees, but only 50 buildings, whereas the maximum number of buildings could have been 500.

These are random examples, obviously, and not meant to represent actual numbers placed in a cell by the autogen.

Does that help you understand better?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived