Project Magenta Fly-by-Wire

rjbrown89

Hi ALL,

I've been playing around with a module from Project Magenta that I found called pmFBW (Build 139), has anyone ever used this? I've been having a google and can't find very much information on it at all. I know that it's supposed to simulate a fly-by-wire system and I'm really interested in other peoples experiences of this as, whilst the module seems to be operating correctly in my flight simulator, I'm unsure how to operate it properly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Project Magenta is for home cockpit builders, have you tried the Cockpit Builders forum down in the Technical Forums section? You can also register on the Project Magenta website at http://www.projectmagenta.com/ and search there, it's likely to be part of their Airbus package.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the advice tiger1962, I've since posted the above in the Cockpit Builders forum. I've had a good look around the PM website and tbh any reference to the pmFBW module seem pretty illusive unfortunately.

If anyone else has any other experience with the module I'd be really interested in their views.

I found this at mycockpit.org, the answer you're looking for is in post #10:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16730

and this at projectmagenta.com:

http://www.projectmagenta.com/2012/04/airbus-interfacing/

The relevant descriptions are as follows:

FBW

The Project Magenta Fly-By-Wire software supports various ways of interfacing.

Single Sidestick

You can connect a single joystick (sidestick) either to the computer on which pmFBW is running (preferred) or to the Flight Simulator computer.

Dual Flight Controls

You connect the flight controls to the FBW computer and disable elevator and aileron control within the simulator.

pmFBW supports both the Windows Joystick functions and EHID (Cockpitsonic) flight controls directly. In addition to the flight controls, pmFBW will handle also the EHID Flap, Spoiler and other center console controls.

For normal Airbus-Type flight controls “Pitch Priority” should be enabled. When that option is off, then the V/S will be controlled by the FBW software.

So this module is a freeware joystick interface for Project Magenta's Airbus FBW program, not a stand-alone FBW program for FS2004/FSX/P3D.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived