Rome to Naples problem with Airbus A321 in FSX

Goatman24

Today I noticed when flying the Rome to Naples mission that my Airbus 321 rudder was not working. Re-booted and got the same thing. Then I tried looking at the rudder before take-off and it worked fine. Once in the air, it fails to operate.

I then tried going outside of missions and went into Free Flight using the same aircraft. Same exact thing happens. Tried one of the 4 engine Boeing's and they work fine.

I haven't flown this mission or this plane in ages so I can't compare it to anything from this current set-up that I have.

Recently, I did remove the sound files for "Don't sink" and "Pull up" etc. but I can't see how that would have done anything.

Any ideas?

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

If it happens in free flight also, then it has nothing to do witt the Mission. Is auto-rudder checked iin your settings? Do you have a joystick with a twist rudder?

On your overhead panel, turn off elac-1 and elac-2 and see if rudder control returns.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Auto-Rudder is not checked.

Using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Turned off Elac-1 and 2 with no affect.

Problem just seems to occur with this plane and not others.

Thanks for reply.

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Just ran another test viewing the rudder from the tail view. On take-off, when the plane is about 50' off the ground the rudder locks up dead straight. On this particular take-off I had the rudder pedals pulled full left and as soon as I got a little off the ground it quits working. I didn't touch anything including the landing gear.

Mitch

Edit: I also just noticed that if I attempt to make a landing that the rudder comes back to life when almost on the ground and I believe the flaps are not working when in the air as well. Very, very strange problem.

Just ran another test viewing the rudder from the tail view. On take-off, when the plane is about 50' off the ground the rudder locks up dead straight. On this particular take-off I had the rudder pedals pulled full left and as soon as I got a little off the ground it quits working. I didn't touch anything including the landing gear.

Mitch

Edit: I also just noticed that if I attempt to make a landing that the rudder comes back to life when almost on the ground and I believe the flaps are not working when in the air as well. Very, very strange problem.

The only other thing I can think of is do you have "Advanced Animations" checked in your settings? And this is on the "default" A321?

Just did some testing.... you do lose rudder movement just after takeoff. I normally use autorudder so I turned it off and the same thing. Now turning off all of those switches

along the row of ELCA-1 and ELAC-2 gave me a moving rudder and absolutely no control of the aircraft. I think it has to do with Airbus fly-by-wire. No wonder I don't like this particular aircraft!

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?291259-FSX-Default-Airbus-A321-rudder-won-t-move-after-takeoff

This thread talks about using the middle switch on the upper panel to release rudder control.

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/59867-a321-and-rudder-control/

Wow!!! I can't believe I've had FSX for as long as it's been out and don't remember having this issue but it seems everyone has it. I thought for sure I must have gotten a successful mission check in one of my older installs but maybe not. So much for the default A321. Too bad.

Glad to know I don't have anything screwed up on my end.

Thanks for the helpful information.

Mitch

Wow!!! I can't believe I've had FSX for as long as it's been out and don't remember having this issue but it seems everyone has it. I thought for sure I must have gotten a successful mission check in one of my older installs but maybe not. So much for the default A321. Too bad.

Glad to know I don't have anything screwed up on my end.

Thanks for the helpful information.

Mitch

I have flown the mission before using the A-321. I didn't like the way it handled, so I changed the Mission parameters to use an addon 737-800.

I know at the start up of the mission you can swap out the plane for something else. Did you do this or is there another way for doing that. If so, I'd like to do that as well and then delete the A321 all together from my system.

Mitch

I know at the start up of the mission you can swap out the plane for something else. Did you do this or is there another way for doing that. If so, I'd like to do that as well and then delete the A321 all together from my system.

Mitch

Easy-peasy! Go to Missions/Airline Pilot/RomeNaples/RomeNaples.FLT (open with notepad)

scroll down to [sim.o] and change Sim= to whatever aircraft you want instead of

Sim=Airbus A321 Paint4.

Best not to delete any default aircraft. You can create a folder called Hangar and place it in the Main FSX folder. Keep all unused aircraft there.

I will try that. Thanks again for the help.

Mitch

Archived