Microsoft FSX Steam Edition out now 80% off

alaskancrab

Generally, Steam does not honor non-Steam registration codes. But for one game I bought on Steam and then bought the boxed afterwards, the reg code did work for the boxed version. Though I cannot say if that is the case here.

Why did I by the boxed version afterwards? Simple, you couldn't mod the game as easy with the Steam version.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Does it include the Acceleration Expansion Pack built into it.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus Strix GTX 960 gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD, 650 watt Corsair PSU

For 5 bucks got myself a copy as well. I won't be installing it just yet, my current install runs like a charm, so why risking a new hair raising install and tweak session. But there will be a day when I shall be forced to reinstall. I already have positive experience with the Steam system, I run Assetto Corsa and Euro Truck Simulator 2 purchaced from Steam, and I like the way they work. So now my boxed version will be placed into a safe to increase value over the years, and when in 39 years I turn 80, it will provide my offspring with a careless future (or they can throw it in the bin as the last of the DVD-players has long since been scrapped)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HARRO LIPPMANN:pilot:

Acer Aspire M5811,Intel i5@2.67GHz,MSI GTX760 2GB,6GB DDR,Saitek Yoke

Win7 Home Premium 64bit FSX+Acceleration,ASN,REX4,UTX,GEX,RC4,PMDG,Assorted Airports

...and the SDK.

In my install the SDK is lacking all of the tools, anything with an .exe.

Hopefully Steam will update this.

For now, having them from the discs should still work.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

For 5 bucks got myself a copy as well. I won't be installing it just yet, my current install runs like a charm, so why risking a new hair raising install and tweak session....
Ditto! :)

So now my boxed version will be placed into a safe to increase value over the years, and when in 39 years I turn 80, it will provide my offspring with a careless future (or they can throw it in the bin as the last of the DVD-players has long since been scrapped)

Yep! :D I got a giggle out of that...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I don't see anywhere that says it includes acceleration. In only one place does it say FSX Deluxe Edition. So does anyone know if its deluxe with acceleration or not for sure?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

I don't see anywhere that says it includes acceleration. In only one place does it say FSX Deluxe Edition. So does anyone know if its deluxe with acceleration or not for sure?

It includes the F18 Hornet, Augusta Westland EH101 and the P51D Mustang which come from the acceleration pack.

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus Strix GTX 960 gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD, 650 watt Corsair PSU

Well, I just got it installed on my computer and it is very smooth....so will wait and see what comes next with it....I also installed it on the same drive as my original FSX with all my "Goodies"///////// Steam recommends that I back up my original FSX.....so I will have to learn how to do that...soon as I am not sure how to do that...al v

Just make a new folder on your computer and copy the whole lot of FSX into. You could call the folder FSX Backup. I only see this on Steam. If you already have MSFSX installed on your PC and are concerned about running the two games alongside each other, you may wish to consider installing FSX: Steam Edition on a separate PC.

If you have another drive you could install the Steam version on that.

I've been given to understand that this will be done, eventually. After all, it was only released today! :cool:

In the steam forums the developers stated that it will not happen (that you will NOT be able to use the regular Retail MSFX serial number to register FSXSE on Steam).

I'll not try to paraphrase them as my memory is not that good, but more info can be found on the Steam forums for this subject of being able to use the MSFX retail serial number on Steam.

Archived