FSX Steam Question

jprism

I notice almost exactly the opposite: if I save from my normal flying spot view the flight reloads in the VC; that's probably the game default. If I move my spot view off-center it does seem to keep this and return to the same view on next load.

You can try resaving your default flight but make sure you're in the VC when you save and be sure you check the [] make this the default flight checkbox before saying OK. Perhaps this will work for you.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Inside your FSX/Settings/Aircraft there is a setting for opening in your 2D cockpit or VC.

Below is what I find in the Carenado Phenom 100 aircraft.cfg file...I don't see the setting you are speaking of?

[fltsim.0]

title=Carenado E50P Phenom 100 WHITE

sim=P100

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=

ui_manufacturer="Carenado"

ui_type=E50P Phenom 100

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"

ui_createdby="Carenado"

ui_variation=WHITE

description=WHITE

atc_heavy=0

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

atc_id_color=0000000000

visual_damage=1

I notice almost exactly the opposite: if I save from my normal flying spot view the flight reloads in the VC; that's probably the game default. If I move my spot view off-center it does seem to keep this and return to the same view on next load.

You can try resaving your default flight but make sure you're in the VC when you save and be sure you check the [] make this the default flight checkbox before saying OK. Perhaps this will work for you.

Loyd

To do this would I not have to start from the same airport every time?

Below is what I find in the Carenado Phenom 100 aircraft.cfg file...I don't see the setting you are speaking of?

[fltsim.0]

title=Carenado E50P Phenom 100 WHITE

sim=P100

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=

ui_manufacturer="Carenado"

ui_type=E50P Phenom 100

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"

ui_createdby="Carenado"

ui_variation=WHITE

description=WHITE

atc_heavy=0

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

atc_id_color=0000000000

visual_damage=1

Buy 'em books.....send 'em to school....and they eat the teacher!

cockpit.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Quote: 'Buy 'em books.....send 'em to school....and they eat the teacher!'

Ha ha ha. LOL.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

To do this would I not have to start from the same airport every time?

No! The default flight is just used for saving the condition of your aircraft. I never fly my default flight. I choose my aircraft and then choose where to start and where to fly to. All of my flights start with the 2D cockpit view unless the particular aircraft doesn't have one. Then I press the A key to change to the VC.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived