Panel/Gauge Position

dbphiladelphia

So, I followed a suggestion and downloaded the Cessna172 mod from Real Air. I'm pretty happy with it, as the realism is much more authentic. Unfortunately, the gauge positions got all screwed up. I followed the directions given as much as possible, although a few file/folder names weren't the same as it was originally released for FS2004, and I'm using FSX SE.

It's not a huge deal, as I don't look at the virtual cockpit panel that often. All of my gauges are on the ipad, and radios, autopilot, trim, & lights are all taken care of via a host of Saitek products.

That said, if I can fix it, I'd like to. I looked around for any good information to help understand the settings within the files controlling various attributes of each gauge and its position in the panel, but didn't find anything concise. Any ideas?

Awesome, thanks. I'll start there. What action is required to "reload" after each edit to see the results and continue tweaking? Would just switching aircraft with the plane sitting in parking be enough to reload the plane with my freshly-edited settings (as opposed to ending/restarting the flight, or worse, the entire FSK application)?

In keybaord assignments, assign a key to "Aircraft - Reload"

save the panel.cfg after making the edits to it.

press your key to see the result.

edit panel.cfg some more and save.

press ke to see changes.

etc.

-----

Often when I have the position almost right, I save that gauge= line, by copying it inside the file as a comment.

Let's say gauge.9= is almost correct.

file is

gauge.7=

gauge.8=

gauge.9=

gauge.10=

I copy the line, and make one of them a comment. By putting // in front of it. Like so:

gauge.7=

gauge.8=

//gauge.9=

gauge.9=

gauge.10=

then I make changes to the active line, so I have the "almost right" coordinates as reference values.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome, thanks. I'll start there. What action is required to "reload" after each edit to see the results and continue tweaking? Would just switching aircraft with the plane sitting in parking be enough to reload the plane with my freshly-edited settings (as opposed to ending/restarting the flight, or worse, the entire FSK application)?

Also can use the Menu/Flights/Restart flight to reload the aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived