Replace default Maule M7 260C

bobbyb26

System restore does not restore deleted user files. Only Windows system files and certain config files.

In this case system restore can even cause more difficulty restoring.

See here for info:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/will-system-restore-recover-deleted-files/0e17411c-792c-4c8f-b5ed-c7e5345d84d1

http://www.file-recovery-tips.com/Recycle_Bin.html

the recovery software recommended in that second link is one I don't know. I used this recovery software once, and had good experiences with it.

http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-data-recovery.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Not sure what's going on here. Bobby had previously posted about losing all his missions; now the Maule. I suspect user error or a hardware problem.

I generally recommend a System Restore as the first thing to try as it's completely reversible. The links that il88pp posted are fraught with errors. It's true that user files such as .txt, .doc and cfg files are treated as documents and not restored as these are commonly edited by the user and the latest versions are likely wanted to be kept. One of the glaring errors in the posts involves files deleted from the recycle bin as these are readily restored. Protection must be turned on for the disc on which the desired data can be restored. It's on by default for C: but if FSX is on a disc without protection System restore will likely be useless. I would not consider a System Restore unless protection was on for both C and the install disc. And, as only a limited amount of space is protected, Restore should be tried first as data can be overwritten by many other trouble shooting methods.

Jim F.

If you can't get somebody to give you the default Maule (it would violate the EULA Agreement) then perhaps you can get the Maule for FS9 (m7200_v1.zip, 60.4 Mb, 2003 - here in library) as it will work in FSX (Accel in my case). The prop is ok. So is the panel except for a few gauges so you might want to get an 'appropriate for FSX' panel (search Library). I just now downloaded and installed the wheel/ski model to try it out. It needs work as it flys nose down (ie: needs +1.4 pitch trim to fly level) and a couple of other things. Give it a try. Extract to a TEMP folder and then move or copy model you want over to FSX SimObjects folder, get a different panel, new sound, and make a thumbnail. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: There is an update (m7200_v11.zip) that adds effects, and 'new' model with 'shine', but does not do anything for the (FS9) dynamics.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Running system restore won't put these files back. See here what it does and does not do.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/what-system-restore-can-and-cannot-do-to-your-windows-system/

This may be an option, but it may change more then just that one missing folder. Never tried it myself.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/recover-deleted-files-windows-7s-restore-previous-versions-tool/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lazesoft Recovery Suite works great too.

I've had it installed on my system for while now, and the data recovery function works great.

Start the program - click data recovery - select the drive - click "Fast Scan" - wait until the scan has finished.

In the left pane you see the root of the drive. Click on the arrows to expand the drive tree.

Once the tree is expanded, select the folder you want to recover.

Click "Start Recovery", and your file will or folder will be restored.

The page is somewhat confusing. It says "30 day money back guarantee" etc. But that's only the professional edition. Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition is Freeware. Data recovery you can do with the Home Edition.

Just click on "Downloads" at top of the page.

Lazasoft Recovery Suite has some powerful options. Don't go clicking on things to find out what they do. Read the manual online.

The boot CD version is mentioned a few times. But you can also install the program on your PC, and use the Data Recovery option like that.

The boot disk is only a toolkit for fixing an unbootable system.

-----------------

Some Images:

----

Main screen. Select "Data recovery"

la1.JPG

Select "Fast Scan"

la2.JPG

Next screen is list of your drives. Select the one you want to recover files from. (I selected C:\)

Then click "Start Scan".

The scan will start.

la3.JPG

Data Recovery Panel after scan. - C: drive in left panel.

la4.JPG

Click on the little triangle. to expand the file tree in the left panel.

Expand more. - Etc, until you find the folder you want to recover. Put a check mark in it.

To restore, makle sure everything inside that folder is checkmarked, like this:

la6.JPG

Then click "Save Files"

Save the files on a separate partition. Create a folder for it there.

A folder will be created inside it, called "Recovery" and in that you will find your files.

The original folder structure will be intact inside that folder.

la7.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived