Ghost Plane -- See-thru

louw

Hi: I installed Willy McCoy's Alaska paint on the Curtis C-46 Commando. When night flying, this airplane becomes see-thru. The boxes in the cargo hold show up as well as the lighted city I am flying over. I also have paint of the same aircraft by Tom Tiedman (texture.Brede) which works perfectly. The plane is the Curtis C-46A by Guzman - Artes. Hopefully, someone will have an answer to the see-thru problem without getting overly technical.

OK, first the before and after pix. Problem occured at night with the lights on.

B4

c-46a.JPG

After

after mod..JPG

There should be a file in your aircraft folder called texture.Base Model. Inside of the Alaska texture folder is a file called texture.cfg. Open that file and you will see fallback=texture. Add .Base Model to it.

fallback=texture.Base Model is how it should be.

Damn I'm good!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for your come-back. In the Alaska texture.cfg folder is a file called - fallback.1=..\texture. I changed this to your suggested fallback=texture.Base Model. This did not seem to have any effect. Just to keep things interesting though, I did discover that when I hit the "L" key and all the lights come on it is no longer see-thru. On the other hand, if I turn all the lights on using the instrument panel switches and then hit the "L" key to turn them off it becomes see thru. Either way, it appears to be tied to the light (L) key on the key pad. Are we having fun yet? Checked with all the other textures of the same aircraft, they all work properly. Seems on the Alaska paint, when the interior lights come on it shines right through the skin.

Just to make sure..... this was the Guzman aircraft you are using??

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Propliners FS2004/FSX Curtiss C-46 Commando

[ Download | View ]

Name: c46ga.zip

Size: 26,768,596 Date: 03-23-2007 Downloads: 14,745

c46ga.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FS2004/FSX Curtiss C-46 Commando. Gmax version 1. Liveries include Flying Tiger, Aerocondor, Aeronotre, Everts Air Fule and USAAF. Also includes bare metal livery to allow for repaints. Includes multiple 2D panel bitmaps and choice of VC with pilot, copilot or no crew. By Libardo Guzman, Greg Pepper and Tom Gibson. (See also C46GAFIX.ZIP)

Don't see issues.

Light splash landing works,

1.jpg

Windows are "see throught the plane body) you can make out cloud on other side. Windows not simply drawn on.

2.jpg

Shift L alone (cabin light) creates light splash on wings. Nice touch of the designer.

Also interior lights light up outside textures. And so do Landing lights.

(Windows themselves are holes so don't light up unfortunately. But interior does light up. Including interior seen through cockpit windows.)

(Interior lighting up not clear in pic, not clear at dusk, better visible later at night.)

(exterior lit texture also not visible here, better visible later at night.)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Front door (shift E... then 2) and rear door (shift + E), both on left side, open, and show lit interior.

5.jpg

(Shift+E ... then 2) not only opens front door, but also cargo doors on the right hand side.

With those open you see a lit interionor.

6.jpg

but with those closed.. you don't.

7.jpg

(With doors 1 and 2 open you can see through.)

8.jpg

Suggestion: keep doors closed in flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't see issues.

Light splash landing works,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195927[/ATTACH]

Windows are "see throught the plane body) you can make out cloud on other side. Windows not simply drawn on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195928[/ATTACH]

Shift L alone (cabin light) creates light splash on wings. Nice touch of the designer.

Also interior lights light up outside textures. And so do Landing lights.

(Windows themselves are holes so don't light up unfortunately. But interior does light up. Including interior seen through cockpit windows.)

(Interior lighting up not clear in pic, not clear at dusk, better visible later at night.)

(exterior lit texture also not visible here, better visible later at night.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195930[/ATTACH]

Front door (shift E... then 2) and rear door (shift + E), both on left side, open, and show lit interior.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195931[/ATTACH]

(Shift+E ... then 2) not only opens front door, but also cargo doors on the right hand side.

With those open you see a lit interionor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195932[/ATTACH]

but with those closed.. you don't.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195933[/ATTACH]

(With doors 1 and 2 open you can see through.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195934[/ATTACH]

Suggestion: keep doors closed in flight.

Nice pix, but this ain't the Alaska repaint the OP was talking about.

it's, from your post:

c46ga.zip

with:

C46GAFIX.ZIP

and as in his original post:

Tom Tiedman (texture.Brede)

----

Don't know where alaska came from, but I'll read thread again.

I see. Wrong texture tested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did a flight, after landing saw door on left rear was open. Seemed you could see through.

Tried clising doors (shift+e+ (Shift+E...then2), didn't help.

Then tried retracting flaps, no difference either.

Turned out to be the spoiler.

/ opens rear left side door.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Brede repaint works perfectly. It is the Alaska paint that is the problem. When I say see-thru, I don't mean the doors are open. I mean the entire aircraft becomes a ghost ship. This only works on night flights.Alaska.jpg I tried to add a screen shot. Never tried this before so I don't know if it works.

Archived