Issue with AI aircraft at startup

zap51

Lately, every time I startup FSX I get this error message: https://gyazo.com/c06243900d4b8b91bba203ae15b2ad97.

I can still get to FSX main screen and complete a successful flight. However, it is annoying to have to click though a dozen or so error boxes to get to the game.

I have looked in the Airplanes folder under my woai files and have not seen anything with multiple titles.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sounds like you have duplicate title=aircraft title names inside your aircraft.cfg's

Each and every aircraft and repaint (even the AI) in the SimObjects folder title=aircraft title MUST BE UNIQUE!

Wrong example...

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 737-800 Southwest

[fltsim.1]

title=Boeing 737-800 Southwest

Correct example...

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 737-800 Southwest Paint1

[fltsim.1]

title=Boeing 737-800 Southwest Paint2

The problem might be in just one aircraft.cfg or you might have duplicate names in several aircraft.cfg's

Also be careful about changing AI titles because that's how the AI program assigns it to a flightplan.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

You will get that message if you have 2 aircraft, with 2 separate aircraft.cfg files, that have the same Title= line. I've run into that a few times when getting a new version of a plane, but I keep the older version for comparison purposes. All I do is put the new version number after the Title= line to differentiate them.

Hope that helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Actually, the screen shot I sent was old. The PDMG NGX is no longer giving me a problem. It's the world of AI traffic that gives me the exact same error as the screen shot. I go to SimObjects>Airplanes>then the WOA plane that is giving me the error. I have yet to see a duplication. I do appreciate the responses here. Thanks.

Somewhere among your airplanes - flyable or AI - there are 2 airplanes with the same title line in their aircraft.cfg files. One of them will have to be removed or changed. Until that happens, you are going to get that message.

The error message is posted when FSX reads the title of the second of the two airplanes.

Jorgen

Actually, the screen shot I sent was old. The PDMG NGX is no longer giving me a problem. It's the world of AI traffic that gives me the exact same error as the screen shot. I go to SimObjects>Airplanes>then the WOA plane that is giving me the error. I have yet to see a duplication. I do appreciate the responses here. Thanks.

You are not looking in the right place then.

You need to look at EVERY aircraft.cfg file and the TITLE of each plane. FSX would not throw up this message if it wasn't true.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The message that FSX posts makes it easy to find the aircraft in question. The BOTTOM line of the message points to the FOLDER of the aircraft in question. Open that folder, and you'll see various folders and files inside. One of the files is called aircraft.cfg. Open that file with Notepad (do NOT use a word processor), and among the things you'll see is something like this:

[fltsim.322]

title=HTAI_F16A_RDAF_E-177

sim=AI Lockheed F-16C

model=normal

texture=RDAF_E-177

atc_airline=BIRDSONG

atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT

atc_parking_codes=730E

ui_manufacturer=HTAI

ui_type=F-16A Falcon

ui_variation=RDAF Esk 730, Skrydstrup.E-177

description=Repaint by Chris A Brown

This describes the individual aircraft, in this case an AI F-16. The thing you're looking for - the next-to-bottom line in the error message - is what is after the "title=" - that will be the duplicate entry.

It is difficult to advise you exactly on what to do with the duplicate entry, this is where installations are so different....

Jorgen

Edit: Oh, and remember that the error message points to the SECOND of the duplicate aircraft - FSX is stupid and can only figure out that there is a duplicate entry when it runs into the second one.

I fixed it!! While I did not see any duplicate aircraft. I did go to the aircraft in question in the cfg files in my ai woai folders and added a 1 after the title. This worked! Thanks Jorgen for that. It was just confusing tryingto find the duplicate aircraft (which I never did). Thanks for all of your help guys!

example:

MSX>SimObjects>WoA_TFS_Dash8_400>go to aircraft cfg file:

Before:

[fltsim.6]

title=WoA_TFS_Dash8-400_BEE-Flybe_George Best

model=

texture=BEE-Flybe_George Best

sim=TFS_Dash8-400

atc_airline=JERSEY

atc_id=

atc_heavy=

ui_manufacturer=The Fruit Stand

ui_type=Bombardier Dash 8-400

ui_variation=Flybe

description=Painted by John Massey

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=BEE

After:

[fltsim.6]

title=WoA_TFS_Dash8-400_BEE-Flybe_George Best1

model=

texture=BEE-Flybe_George Best

sim=TFS_Dash8-400

atc_airline=JERSEY

atc_id=

atc_heavy=

ui_manufacturer=The Fruit Stand

ui_type=Bombardier Dash 8-400

ui_variation=Flybe

description=Painted by John Massey

atc_parking_types=GATE

atc_parking_codes=BEE

Great that you fixed it but as I mentioned, the AI program won't use it now because you changed it's name until it's re-assigned to a flightplan.

I'm no expert on AI (somebody else can help you with that).

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived